should i get the wd sn 570 1TB or crucial p2 2TB?

WD one is faster but half storage, the other is slower and double the storage, i like more storage, i already have 1TB HDD and 256 GB boot nvme, but more storage won't hurt anyone, these 2 are pretty much my only options, ik it's kinda weird but where i live it's like this, i want to play lots of games and emulation on my new ssd (the reason l'm getting the ssd) so what would be the better option? The price of these 2 are same for me, i would be happy if anyone can help me! Tnx 🙂

PS : WD is TLC and Crucial is QLC

Are you sure of the prices ? Never seen the P2 half the price of the SN570, they're comparable with the SN570 being faster but not that much

And BTW Crucial just released the P3, same price than P2, may be better (else why would they do it?) but have to check reviews !

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

14 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Are you sure of the prices ? Never seen the P2 half the price of the SN570, they're comparable with the SN570 being faster but not that much

And BTW Crucial just released the P3, same price than P2, may be better (else why would they do it?) but have to check reviews !

No they have the same price, the 2tb p2 has the same price as wd sn570 1tb

Just now, Sozi Salad said:

There is a second consideration to be had here, 2TB will outlast a 1TB when using the same amount of space due to the IOPS limits of the drive, its one of the reasons why I had to increase the size of the NVME's in my synology as lower capacity used as cache went through its life expectancy a lot fast than a higher capacity.

25 minutes ago, Sozi Salad said:

Nah I meant both are normally in the same price range at same capacity, what prices did you get to have such a difference ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, PDifolco said:

Yeah, I'm not from north America, maybe it's on sale or something, that's not my question tho, i want to know is it worth ti get more storage but less reliable and slower 

1 hour ago, MrMase said:

There is a second consideration to be had here, 2TB will outlast a 1TB when using the same amount of space due to the IOPS limits of the drive, its one of the reasons why I had to increase the size of the NVME's in my synology as lower capacity used as cache went through its life expectancy a lot fast than a higher capacity.

Thank you for the response, but I've heard bad things about QLC and heard the p2 has reliability issues and it's speed can drop to even 48 mb/s when  it's cache is full, that's why I'm asking this, i want to know if extra TB  is worth it or not

28 minutes ago, Sozi Salad said:

Thank you for the response, but I've heard bad things about QLC and heard the p2 has reliability issues and it's speed can drop to even 48 mb/s when  it's cache is full, that's why I'm asking this, i want to know if extra TB  is worth it or not

Well you've already made your mind up about QLC so why ask the question. My advice on the IOPS is not specific to any particular brand but is more "wear leveling" if a drive can only typically be written to 80,000 times and you have a 2 TB drive for example and 1TB of data you can in this simple example double the life of the drive providing no other issues occur.

3 hours ago, Sozi Salad said:

Precisely for this reason the SN570 is way better than the P2. Even the P3 is interesting as already said, but keep in mind that it has QLC flash.