Fan configuration help

fraeport
3 hours ago, fraeport said:

hey, sorry for delayed response! the case is a gamer storm macube 310. i know the best solution is to upgrade my case, but i'm not quite ready to do that yet (both financially and research wise) and so i was just wondering if there's anything i can do presently to improve my current situation. my cpu and gpu temps both idle around 30 degrees right now and are not often under load so it's not urgent at all, just a bit of a bandaid until i have a case with better airflow :') 

Idle temps of 30C are normal. The temps that really matter are the temps when your system is at full load, use stress test software like aida64 to measure that. Do you have an idea of what your temps are when everything is at full load? That’s the easiest way to spot any problems. Also it would be more helpful if you posted your full build component list here so it's easier to get a sense of what's normal.

Current PC:

• CPU
    Intel i9-12900KS
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6600 MT/s, 2 x 16GB, (CL32-39-39-76, 1.40V), CMK32GX5M2X6600C32 for gaming or
    G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5-6000 MT/s, 2 x 32GB, (CL30-40-40-96, 1.40V), F5-6000J3040G32GX2-RS5K for heavy multitasking
  • GPU
    Aorus Xtreme Waterforce RTX 3090 TI
  • Case
    Corsair 7000D Airflow
  • Storage
    2 x 2TB WD Black sn850 SSDs
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1600W P2, Fully Modular
  • Display(s)
    34" 1900R Alienware AW3418DW Black, 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz
  • Cooling
    Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 420, Built in 360mm gpu rad, 7 x 140mm Noctua NF-A14's (4 used as full case fan set, 3 used to upgrade CPU rad fans), 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12's (3 used to upgrade GPU rad stock fans, 1 used to fill last remaining case fan slot)
  • Keyboard
    Fidio Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Asus Rog Spatha X
  • Sound
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game DAC Wired Headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

21 hours ago, cleric_warlock said:

Idle temps of 30C are normal. The temps that really matter are the temps when your system is at full load, use stress test software like aida64 to measure that. Do you have an idea of what your temps are when everything is at full load? That’s the easiest way to spot any problems. Also it would be more helpful if you posted your full build component list here so it's easier to get a sense of what's normal.

i will look into stress test software, thank you! currently while gaming the hottest i've ever seen it get is around 65 gpu/60cpu. i don't have much time to do anything more intensive than that right now lol so that's probably an accurate window into current day to day usage. 

build is: 

mobo: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

cpu: Intel i7-10700K

gpu: MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6

memory: G.SKILL TridentZ 32 GB DDR4 3200

storage: Western Digital WD Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB 

i'm not sure of the make of the psu but it's 750 watt, and i'm not sure of the exact model for the AIO but it's a gamer storm 240mm (i think it might be a castle 240EX?) 

thanks again for your responses! 🙂 

23 hours ago, fraeport said:

i will look into stress test software, thank you! currently while gaming the hottest i've ever seen it get is around 65 gpu/60cpu. i don't have much time to do anything more intensive than that right now lol so that's probably an accurate window into current day to day usage. 

build is: 

mobo: Gigabyte Z490 Vision G

cpu: Intel i7-10700K

gpu: MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6

memory: G.SKILL TridentZ 32 GB DDR4 3200

storage: Western Digital WD Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 1TB 

i'm not sure of the make of the psu but it's 750 watt, and i'm not sure of the exact model for the AIO but it's a gamer storm 240mm (i think it might be a castle 240EX?) 

thanks again for your responses! 🙂 

You don't have any thermal problems to worry about. Your gpu's max temp is 93C and your cpu's max temp is 100C. I might be worried if your temps were in the high 70's or 80's on full load without an overclock applied because that might indicate thermal paste application issues or problems with how your cooler is mounted, but your temps are fine. If you wanted to try overclocking, it seems that you have plenty of thermal headroom to work with. If those are the temps you're getting with your current fan setup, you don't need to waste time moving things around.

Current PC:

• CPU
    Intel i9-12900KS
  • Motherboard
    Asus Rog Maximus Z690 Hero
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6600 MT/s, 2 x 16GB, (CL32-39-39-76, 1.40V), CMK32GX5M2X6600C32 for gaming or
    G.Skill Ripjaws DDR5-6000 MT/s, 2 x 32GB, (CL30-40-40-96, 1.40V), F5-6000J3040G32GX2-RS5K for heavy multitasking
  • GPU
    Aorus Xtreme Waterforce RTX 3090 TI
  • Case
    Corsair 7000D Airflow
  • Storage
    2 x 2TB WD Black sn850 SSDs
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1600W P2, Fully Modular
  • Display(s)
    34" 1900R Alienware AW3418DW Black, 32" Samsung Odyssey G7 240Hz
  • Cooling
    Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 420, Built in 360mm gpu rad, 7 x 140mm Noctua NF-A14's (4 used as full case fan set, 3 used to upgrade CPU rad fans), 4 x 120mm Noctua NF-F12's (3 used to upgrade GPU rad stock fans, 1 used to fill last remaining case fan slot)
  • Keyboard
    Fidio Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
  • Mouse
    Asus Rog Spatha X
  • Sound
    SteelSeries Arctis Pro + Game DAC Wired Headset
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 Pro
  • PCPartPicker URL

18 hours ago, cleric_warlock said:

You don't have any thermal problems to worry about. Your gpu's max temp is 93C and your cpu's max temp is 100C. I might be worried if your temps were in the high 70's or 80's on full load without an overclock applied because that might indicate thermal paste application issues or problems with how your cooler is mounted, but your temps are fine. If you wanted to try overclocking, it seems that you have plenty of thermal headroom to work with. If those are the temps you're getting with your current fan setup, you don't need to waste time moving things around.

alright, good to know! thanks so much!