Gaming PC

Budget (including currency): 1200€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA 5, RDR, Minecraft, Cyberpunk, and other games 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ms3vbK

Hey there, I have never build a pc but have saved enough money together over the past few years to buy a PC. My budget is 1200€, can someone maybe look at the components I selected and maybe say if I should change some things or not. https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ms3vbK Could be really helpfull.

Kind regards

PCPartPicker Part List: https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/Rxbfhk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€195.00 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 62 CFM CPU Cooler  (€34.90 @ Alza) 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1 g Thermal Paste  (€6.99 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€113.89 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€59.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€87.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Palit GeForce RTX 3060 12 GB Dual Video Card  (€417.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: NZXT H510 Flow ATX Mid Tower Case  (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Deepcool DQ750-M-V2L 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€76.89 @ Alternate) 
Case Fan: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm Fan  (€21.90 @ Alza) 
Total: €1139.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-02 13:44 CEST+0200

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/HDkPKp

You can get a much better config for that price

Better gpu since games usually care more about gpu than cpu, the 3070 is at ~ the same price as the 6800 but the 6800 performs better than the 3070, only reasons youd want the 3070 would be software (nvidia and productivity stuff) + rtx

5500 over the 5600 since you save 70€ while not sacrificing that much cpu performance which allows for a better gpu  also very good imc and 2500+ (5000 ddr4) fclk

That imc plays a part in ram oc which is why ballistix was chosen but you dont neccesarily need to run 4600+ c18 to take advantage of ballistix, you can just lazy oc to 4000 c16 using someones profile online and be done with it (rev e is very consistent so likely plug and play for using other ppls profiles)

The psu was totally not chosen for the humorus price

The 970 evo is surprisingly not overpriced so why not

Ofc cut down on case cause more spending on case less € for the actually useful hardware, it also has rgb but you can prob turn that off via software or not plugging in the rgb

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

5500 over the 5600 since you save 70€ while not sacrificing that much cpu performance which allows for a better gpu  also very good imc and 2500+ (5000 ddr4) fclk

Yeah you do sacrifice cpu performance. The R5 5500 is crap. It gets outperformed by the i3 12100/F.

34 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yeah you do sacrifice cpu performance. The R5 5500 is crap. It gets outperformed by the i3 12100/F.

Its not even gonna be noticable especially for games that care more about graphics than cpu performance, also the cheapest board for intel is h610m hvs at 87€ which is a garbage bottom of the barrel board w 12100f at 105€ so pretty much the same price

there is literally no upgradability because garbage h610 board vs atleast the b450 a pro is a decent midrange b450 that may be able to handle a 5900x though pretty useless upgrade path so theyre basically equal

Also 70€ saving is pretty huge, sacrificing abit of cpu performance for a better gpu which will give more noticable gains, sure it may lag abit behind in esports stuff but unless if op has a >165hz monitor theyre not gonna notice it. Btw overclocking exists so bump that speed from a meager 4.2g to 4.5-4.6g w 1.35-1.4v, also vroom vroom fclk so theres also the possibility of 4600+ c18 ballistix but i think thats a ton of pain and hassle for what its worth (10fps at most gain)

21 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its not even gonna be noticable especially for games that care more about graphics than cpu performance, also the cheapest board for intel is h610m hvs at 87€ which is a garbage bottom of the barrel board w 12100f at 105€ so pretty much the same price

there is literally no upgradability because garbage h610 board vs atleast the b450 a pro is a decent midrange b450 that may be able to handle a 5900x though pretty useless upgrade path so theyre basically equal

Also 70€ saving is pretty huge, sacrificing abit of cpu performance for a better gpu which will give more noticable gains, sure it may lag abit behind in esports stuff but unless if op has a >165hz monitor theyre not gonna notice it. Btw overclocking exists so bump that speed from a meager 4.2g to 4.5-4.6g w 1.35-1.4v, also vroom vroom fclk so theres also the possibility of 4600+ c18 ballistix but i think thats a ton of pain and hassle for what its worth (10fps at most gain)

Yeah it is going to be noticeable, especially with an RX6800 on a board/cpu that only supports pcie 3.0.

8 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Yeah it is going to be noticeable, especially with an RX6800 on a board/cpu that only supports pcie 3.0.

Noticable in benchmarks 330 vs 240 fps in csgo is a 90fps diff which yea it is alot but its also 240hz+ so unless op has >165hz monitor they wont notice it and theyll get more benifit out of a better gpu, if you want gen4 youll also need a b550 which for a decent one like the aorus pro p is an extra 60€ or double the price of the b450a pro max

And good god the 6800 is not a 6500xt with no pcie support so gen3 vs gen4 shouldnt even be that much of a diff, its still there but thats like 10fps at most and at the >144fps games are likely to run at 1080p/1440p it wont even make a noticable diff other than in numbers

1 hour ago, lee32uk said:

Do you then suggest I take the R5 5600x?

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Noticable in benchmarks 330 vs 240 fps in csgo is a 90fps diff which yea it is alot but its also 240hz+ so unless op has >165hz monitor they wont notice it and theyll get more benifit out of a better gpu, if you want gen4 youll also need a b550 which for a decent one like the aorus pro p is an extra 60€ or double the price of the b450a pro max

And good god the 6800 is not a 6500xt with no pcie support so gen3 vs gen4 shouldnt even be that much of a diff, its still there but thats like 10fps at most and at the >144fps games are likely to run at 1080p/1440p it wont even make a noticable diff other than in numbers

It is noticeable in games which is the whole point of the op's build. 

The B550M-Pro VDH isn't that expensive. So for 56 Euros more overall you can get something better (Assuming the op can buy from Germany).

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€195.00 @ Mindfactory) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400S 50.8 CFM CPU Cooler  (€23.24 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€89.90 @ Galaxus) 
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€59.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€87.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6800 16 GB Phantom Gaming D OC Video Card  (€657.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Deepcool MATREXX 40 3FS MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (€49.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Corsair TX750M 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (€91.90 @ Alza) 
Total: €1255.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-07-02 16:48 CEST+0200

7 minutes ago, Buster4126 said:

Do you then suggest I take the R5 5600x?

The 5600/X or a 12400/F if going Intel. If you want an ultra budget cpu then I would go with the i3 12100/F.

Are you buying from German stores or Swiss ones ? That might affect the price of course.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Are you buying from German stores or Swiss ones ? That might affect the price of course.

The most is from germany, but if they sell it on "Galaxus" I buy it in switzerland.

What GPU would you suggest for my budget? Something from AMD og Nvidia.

2 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

It is noticeable in games which is the whole point of the op's build. 

You sure op is gonna notice the diff between 240 and 400+ fps if they dont even have a god damn 240hz monitor?

Also quite surprising you didnt go that much overbudget with your version but swap the 5500 in + a b450 pro vdh and thats 100€ saved but heres a cheater list ig

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/ccKgzf

Not exactly worth the cost cutting but theres 1130€

20 minutes ago, Buster4126 said:

The most is from germany, but if they sell it on "Galaxus" I buy it in switzerland.

What GPU would you suggest for my budget? Something from AMD og Nvidia.

What monitor are you going to be using ?

18 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

What monitor are you going to be using ?

I have currently 1 monitor from LG: its 2560 x 1080

I don't know the exact name of it

The connection type is HDMI

24 minutes ago, Buster4126 said:

I have currently 1 monitor from LG: its 2560 x 1080

I don't know the exact name of it

The connection type is HDMI

Something like a 3060 ti or RX 6600XT would be enough.

6 minutes ago, Buster4126 said:

I chose the RX 6600XT, and im 200€ under my budget, is there anything I should like switch out? https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/h4HDJM

Unless you want a different case or more storage etc then I would probably just save the 200 Euros. A 5600X and 6600XT is a pretty nice starter pc.

Ty, would you suggest that I buy a anti static wrist strap to build the pc?

1 minute ago, Buster4126 said:

Ty, would you suggest that I buy a anti static wrist strap to build the pc?

You don't really need one. The first and last time I ever used one, I just found it got in the way. 

So I don't really need anything, I can just build the components on the motherboard together on the box from the motherboard?

8 minutes ago, Buster4126 said:

So I don't really need anything, I can just build the components on the motherboard together on the box from the motherboard?

Yes you can build on the motherboard box if you want.