Help! Macbook Air 2015

NaBxH5O3vOjuDPAp.standard.jpg.b0c5e43a43cd97465be9d702063e603e.jpgHello! I need help regarding my Macbook Air 2015. I was just browsing on the internet when suddenly my screen became white like in the picture. Ive held the power button to it shutdown and let it cool off. After i booted it up, the white screen appears. Is there something I can do? 

I've found a same problem with the watermark of Redmi K20 Pro same issues. Thats what my screen looks like IMG20220627183129.thumb.jpg.e24adc6b827ff91a174f7eb700fce1c7.jpg

it's likely that either your gpu or your screen are dead. considering these models had an igpu iirc, it's probably the screen. try connecting it to an external display to see if you get any output.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

42 minutes ago, Sauron said:

it's likely that either your gpu or your screen are dead. considering these models had an igpu iirc, it's probably the screen. try connecting it to an external display to see if you get any output.

Oh, sadly i dont have any other external monitors. If it were to say the gpu or the screen were damagr how much the estimate cost it would need to replace the part?

4 minutes ago, alteredasphyxia said:

Oh, sadly i dont have any other external monitors. If it were to say the gpu or the screen were damagr how much the estimate cost it would need to replace the part?

if the gpu is dead you might as well toss the laptop because you'd have to replace the entire motherboard with everything on it. replacing the screen would be more affordable but possibly not worth it for such an old machine anyway... the screen itself goes for about 160 bucks on ebay (new), a bit less if you get a refurb, then you'd have to hire someone to replace it - meanwhile a complete refurbished 2015 mba goes for $250.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Damn thats the only laptop ive got lol and dont have the money to either buy a new one or a replacement. Last question tho, if the lcd is the problem can I just buy a cheap monitor and somehow use it as my external monitor in the long run?

On 6/27/2022 at 3:31 PM, alteredasphyxia said:

Damn thats the only laptop ive got lol and dont have the money to either buy a new one or a replacement. Last question tho, if the lcd is the problem can I just buy a cheap monitor and somehow use it as my external monitor in the long run?

Yeah thats totally fine to do. Basically making your own mac mini :p.

Just a tip these airs need to be open to cool themselves a lot better so when using it like that make sure it can stay open.