Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happens to AMD driver software if you have igpu and dgpu?

So in case you have a Radeon 2400G (vega 11 gpu) and you install a radeon HD 7770 gpu, which drivers should you install???

So the 2400g drivers will of course be newer, can the other radeon card run on those? - will you be forced to use older drivers?

Before you say "don't do it, the igpu is just as fast" this is a theoretical question. 

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 112x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

I think theres custom drivers you need to use to get the most out of older amd cards, i forgot what theyre called though.

edit: theyre called "NimeZ" drivers. But its up to you if you're willing to install custom drivers.

Just now, rippy4500 said:

I think theres custom drivers you need to use to get the most out of older amd cards, i forgot what theyre called though.

Yeah Nimez drivers. Am using them today on my other pc with the old radeon card on em. 
Just wondering how it would work with drivers and two "generations" of cards.
Like would you need to have two versions of drivers installed? - Would both work on newest? Or Older?

Intel i5-7600K  | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo  |  MSI H110 PC MATE  |  2x8GB Crucial Ballistix LT Sport 2400MHz  | Radeon HD 7770 1GBDark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | Toshiba 250GB 2.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive |  

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | VEGA 112x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Samsung 120GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 450W PSU |

Just now, Edgar R. Zakarian said:

Yeah Nimez drivers. Am using them today on my other pc with the old radeon card on em. 
Just wondering how it would work with drivers and two "generations" of cards.
Like would you need to have two versions of drivers installed? - Would both work on newest? Or Older?

the nimez drivers should be compatible with any amd cards. try it out and if it works how you want then you're good.