Should I get this case?

Cringe123

Hi, I'm building a new pc in a few weeks and I was going to get the corsair icue 4000x RGB. But I see that the corsair 500d obsidian is on sale for 129 pounds. Its within my budget and i love the look of the case. Is it worth it? Thank you

Corsair 4000x

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/iCUE-4000X-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-Case/p/CC-9011204-WW

Corsair 500d obsidian se

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Software-Control-and-Monitoring-Cases/Obsidian-Series-500D-RGB-SE-Premium-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011139-WW

2 minutes ago, Neroon said:

You should post links, instead of making us search.

Sorry. I edited it

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

You should get the 4000D airflow instead of any of those. Your components will thank you.

I already looked at that one. It doesnt have the pre installed fans though and it's not very interesting in my opinion. I know the ones with glass on the front are not that great for airflow, but I've been using one like that for a long time and its been pretty good up till now.

If you're going to ignore any practical advice and just want to buy based on what "looks interesting" then what do you want people to tell you?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

If you're going to ignore any practical advice and just want to buy based on what "looks interesting" then what do you want people to tell you?

I asked which one was more worth it. I wasnt really asking for advice on another case.

Just now, Cringe123 said:

I asked which one was more worth it.

Based on what criteria? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, Middcore said:

Based on what criteria? 

Based on the general quality of the products and how many features they have. I'm quite new to building pcs from scratch so I dont really know that much about it.

13 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

I already looked at that one. It doesnt have the pre installed fans though and it's not very interesting in my opinion. I know the ones with glass on the front are not that great for airflow, but I've been using one like that for a long time and its been pretty good up till now.

There is objective data that shows it's not ideal from a thermal perspective.  Look at GamersNexus reviews of similar cases and compare airflow vs lets try to push air through glass cases.

If your old case has worked, that doesn't mean a new system with hotter components will also work (optimally).  

4 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

Based on the general quality of the products and how many features they have. I'm quite new to building pcs from scratch so I dont really know that much about it.

Quality of two products from a single brand will be about equal, assuming comparable price points.

Features on case are system specific, I have a case with lots of HDD bays, because I'm going to fill it with such, but a SFF case wouldn't have that feature.  

Don't know what features you need or want.

You didn't mention performance (thermal and sound), which may not matter to you...

4 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

General quality would, to most of the experienced builders here, include objective practical considerations like ventilation you said you don't care about.

The 5000D is bigger. It has more front I/O. It can hold more drives. 

Just really not sure what you're looking for here. 

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

After dealing with users so much I know practical advice and tech specs are mostly irrelevant, so... toss a coin. 

I have a french 50 euro cent, number side is 4000X lady side is 500D

Lady came up so 500D it is. Problem solved.

Now you do it and compare to my result.

Haha. I just bought the 500D anyway. I dont really mind anymore.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, Caroline said:

After dealing with users so much I know practical advice and tech specs are mostly irrelevant, so... toss a coin. 

I have a french 50 euro cent, number side is 4000X lady side is 500D

Lady came up so 500D it is. Problem solved.

Now you do it and compare to my result.

Interesting thing about tossing a coin, is that it actually works.

If you toss a coin and feel relieve about the outcome, it's the right choice. If you don't, it's the wrong choice.

Like the OP here, they are just looking for confirmation.

18 hours ago, Neroon said:

Interesting thing about tossing a coin, is that it actually works.

If you toss a coin and feel relieve about the outcome, it's the right choice. If you don't, it's the wrong choice.

Like the OP here, they are just looking for confirmation.

Kind of true not going to lie. This post is pretty pointless