Canon Eos 650d lcd screw cam-ed out

I tried to disassemble the lcd of my canon eos 650d because the lcd was vignetting and wanted to take a better look at the unit before i order the parts online.

I was able to remove the bottom screw just fine. However, the top screw seemed to 'melt like butter' with the turning of my screwdriver. It offered no grip / resistance from the get go and just got cam-ed out / stripped.

I would appreciate on suggestions on how to get this screw out.

r/canon - The screw that has cam out

r/canon - [need advise] Canon eos 650d lcd display screw cam out

Non-destructive things to try:

Stretch a rubber band over the tip of your screwdriver and try again.

Push down harder on the head while turning.

Use a bigger driver.

Bump the screw tighter and try backing it out again.

If nothing else works:

Use a Dremel wheel or a file to cut a new flathead slot in the screw head, then back it out with a flathead screwdriver.

Use a reverse-fluted drill bit to drill into the head, hoping it catches and backs the screw out.

If that doesn't work, drill the screw head off, finish disassembly to expose some of the shaft, grab that with pliers or vise grips and back it out.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Something else to try that is a mechanics trick but you need to be crazy careful with it is to put the smallest possible amount of superglue in the recess of the screw and then do the same as with the rubber band.  Push down rear hard and give it a try.  You just need to be very careful you don't get any of the glue other than the center of the screw recess, you don't want to glue it to the housing and make things worst.

We also use valve grinding compound to help get grip on the really stuck screws but that isn't something that is as common outside of a car/engine shop.

I see. Thank you both for your advise thus far.