Coil whine in new PC build

Does anyone know how to get rid of this extremely loud coil whine? I had zero audible coil whine in my previous build but this is so loud that I can hear it with my headphones on.
I know there apparently stuff I can tweak in the bios, but I havent a clue where to start.

Motherboard: Asus Prime Z590-P
CPU: i7-11700
GPU: EVGA RTX 3070  

What PSU?

First thing is to find the source: motherboard, PSU, or GPU. Since you have a CPU with integrated graphics, try running without GPU. If it only happens with high fps gaming this won't work. Another way to find out is listening to the GPU, PSU, and motherboard VRM to see which is loudest. It might be easier to take the components out of the case for this.

My pc also has it pretty bad, and in my case I think the motherboard causes it and my GPU makes it much worse. The PSU causes the whine to leak through my 3.5mm jack. So in bad cases like mine it could be all 3 components.

35 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Do you get it in all gaming scenarios or just at high fps?

I havent even tried gaming, I just finished updating windows and doing my first install on it. The gpu is the same as in my last system so I assume it's the motherboard.

38 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

What PSU?

First thing is to find the source: motherboard, PSU, or GPU. Since you have a CPU with integrated graphics, try running without GPU. If it only happens with high fps gaming this won't work. Another way to find out is listening to the GPU, PSU, and motherboard VRM to see which is loudest. It might be easier to take the components out of the case for this.

My pc also has it pretty bad, and in my case I think the motherboard causes it and my GPU makes it much worse. The PSU causes the whine to leak through my 3.5mm jack. So in bad cases like mine it could be all 3 components.

As far as I can tell, I think it's the motherboard and powersupply. But this is the same powersupply I used in my previous build which didnt have this issue at all.
I read that sometimes the issue can go away with use, do you know if this is the case?
I'm having other issues that are likely caused by my motherboard too, such as one of my case fans refusing to work and my PC refusing to boot if I change the RAM frequency to anything above 2133mhz(it's 3200Mhz RAM and the motherboard claims to support 3200Mhz without OC)

9 minutes ago, kesslercoil said:

As far as I can tell, I think it's the motherboard and powersupply. But this is the same powersupply I used in my previous build which didnt have this issue at all.
I read that sometimes the issue can go away with use, do you know if this is the case?
I'm having other issues that are likely caused by my motherboard too, such as one of my case fans refusing to work and my PC refusing to boot if I change the RAM frequency to anything above 2133mhz(it's 3200Mhz RAM and the motherboard claims to support 3200Mhz without OC)

Could still be a PSU issue. A lot of times it's caused by a combination of hardware. With my RX 5500 XT and Be Quiet PSU the noise is just as bad as with a Corsair RMx, but on my 2060 the coil whine is acceptable with the RMx and loud with the Be Quiet. The noise only comes from the PSU in the Be Quiet PSU + 2060. So I wouldn't exclude the PSU, it could be caused by the combination of components.

But yeah, it seems like you might have a motherboard or CPU problem. Have you already tried updating the BIOS? 

If you can still return the CPU and motherboard I'd do that. You can buy a faster 12th gen CPU from that (12th gen i5 is better than 11th gen i7), and it could also help you get rid of coil whine.

You could wait to see if it gets better in a few days, but I'd make sure you can still return the components if it doesn't go away as not all manufacturers accept this as a reason to RMA