Just need somewhere to rant about the two dell laptops that I've been dealing with.

TallRocko

About a year ago my parents bought a dell xps 13 from Dell outlet for my sister for college. Shortly after getting it she noticed that when turning it on randomly the screen would be white the after turning off then back on it would fix itself. I wasn't made aware until months later. I dealt with dell support trying software fixes. Then she had to take it back to school. When she came back for summer break the warranty was almost up so I tried to fix it working with dell support they ended up replacing the motherboard which didn't fix it. They finally decided to replace it with a newer model. The replacement doesn't charge properly. The power will randomly disconnect then after replugging, it will charge for a little. I'm tired of putting up with them I just want them to either send a new replacement or refund so that it can be replaced with an hp or a framework laptop.

1 hour ago, TallRocko said:

They finally decided to replace it with a newer model.

Probably a refurb that's been "fixed".

Fell you, I work with HP, their support is good. Sometimes too good and we get things repaired for free that should have been charged for... mind you, I wonder what an end user would feel over a rep behind a multi million $ contract.

4 hours ago, Cafuddled said:

Fell you, I work with HP, their support is good. Sometimes too good and we get things repaired for free that should have been charged for... mind you, I wonder what an end user would feel over a rep behind a multi million $ contract.

I replaced my Dell E6540 with HP probook 455 G7
Guess what happened to it after 2 months?
Well, the batteries main fuze died...
Was not fun, since I had an exam week starting the following week, it was a friday, so the pickup would be on monday/tuesday
Did not provide the time to pick it up, apart from that, great

6 hours ago, Ralphred said:

Probably a refurb that's been "fixed".

It is a refurb that doesn't charge properly. With the included charger or the charger from the old laptop.