Videos lagging and freezing while downloading and audio crackles and pops, since CPU/MOBO upgrade

Ozz

A few months ago I treated myself to a couple upgrades in the form of an ASRock B550M Steel Legend motherboard, and Ryzen 7 5700G APU. Previously I had the B450M Steel Legend and 3500X.

Since the upgrade, my audio for videos or games crackles and pops when I run them full screen, but not windowed. As for video, games run fine and videos run fine at the same time, but if say a game has to download some data, or I just have Steam or even just chrome downloading anything, the video I am watching (be it from youtube, hulu, prime video or anywhere) will skip and stutter and it makes me think I am about to have a blue screen. This is a tough one because I genuinely have no idea what could be the issue here. chipset drivers are current, bios is current, radeon drivers (5700XT GPU) are current, but the problem still continues. I never had any issue like this when I was using the older hardware. does anyone have any idea what could be causing this or at least have any ideas of other things I can start checking to begin troubleshooting this further?

Anyone else have this issue when moving from B450 to B550 and from 3000 to 5000 series processors?