Supermicro X9SCM-F No Video/POST, No Error Codes

ShadowChaser

The VGA jumper is set to enabled.

Trying to figure out if the board is bad with very limited resources here.

CPU: E3-1230

RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 Crucial UDIMMs

PSU: EVGA 550W G3

Nothing else is connected except a cpu fan, a case fan and the power switch unless otherwise stated below.

On booting the board powers up, power led and ipmi led are as expected, but there is no vga output. There is also no beep code or error code.

I've checked that the beeper is working by booting with no memory and I get a memory beep code as expected. This also tells me that the motherboard itself seems to be okay?

IPMI does work, can log in and access the various management functions but shows no temp or fan sensors.

I've waited for about 5 minutes after each power on to make sure that the board isn't just taking its sweet time to boot.

I've tried connecting a PS/2 keyboard, no numlock light. Tried a backlit USB keyboard, no backlight or numlock light. Tried connecting it to one of the front usb headers. No dice.

Plugged in ethernet. Activity light blinks slowly, no link speed light despite it being gigabit (IPMI port shows full link speed and rapid activity indicative of network connectivity)

I don't have another compatible CPU nor more compatible memory. Any advice would be appreciated.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

No beeps = dead board (most likely). 

Clear cmos, while the battery is out check voltage. Replace it and see if you get lucky.

7 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

No beeps = dead board (most likely). 

Clear cmos, while the battery is out check voltage. Replace it and see if you get lucky.

CMOS battery is alive and board does beep without memory so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Will probably just return it at this rate.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.