PC doesn't like to start

Mad Domo

So I have had this computer about 3 ish years, not sure exactly. It has a Ryzen 7 2700x, Aorus x470 mobo, 32gb of corsair vengeance ram, and an EVGA RTX 2070 super. When i first built it, everything worked perfect but about a year ago it started acting like an old car with a bad battery, or even a diesel in cold weather. I have seen this issue on the internet a few times but no solution has fixed it. Basically when you go to start it everything turns on, lights fans, it even wakes the monitors. goes through the post codes and gives me a no boot device code, click the power button and it shuts off instantly, hit it again, turns on, same code, shut it off, turn it on and it works like nothing was wrong. I've tried going into the bios to see if it was boot priority and it looks like it is but everytime i set it correctly, it manages to reset itself to a drive with no OS and then the process resets. Some said it has a a bad PSU so i replaced the PSU and same problem, I've cleaned it regularly because i have cats so it isn't dust and it stays in its own room with filtered air. I'm getting ready to upgrade and a friend wants the PC and knows about the problem but i want to fix it so she doesn't deal with it. any ideas are appreciated.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Have you ever replaced the CMOS battery?

uhhh... no? never thought that could be a problem. I thought they kinda self charge

That would kinda explain why it always has a hard time doing bios updates. I tried to do one to see if it would fix the problem and it failed

1 hour ago, Mad Domo said:

Some said it has a a bad PSU so i replaced the PSU and same problem

Brand and model of the old and new PSU?

3 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Brand and model of the old and new PSU?

I don’t remember the old one because I threw it out, the new one is a Corsair 850w rgb model

The times where it doesn’t open windows even the bios screen doesn’t appear. It’s just a black screen

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Unless you buy a rechargeable battery it won't do that. When the computer is plugged in and the PSU switch is set to the 1 (on) position the standby rail will override the battery.

PC batteries are usually CR2032 type while rechargeable ones are LIR2032, both contain lithium but only the LIR is rechargeable.

It shouldn't unless the motherboard is checking the battery voltage before updating just in case power goes out.

I replaced the cmos and it didn’t do anything

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

PC batteries are usually CR2032 type while rechargeable ones are LIR2032, both contain lithium but only the LIR is rechargeable.

A CR2025 can possibly be used in a pinch as long as it maintains contact. They don't last as long, but can used for troubleshooting this.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

So I went into the bios and turned off “ultra fast boot” and now it does basically the same thing but my peripherals initialize. Before, everything outside the case was basically off. It might kick the monitors out of sleep mode but they would shut off immediately 

Ok solution found. The “fast boot” feature I guess isn’t activating the sata and usb controllers so it won’t start. Now that it’s off it starts slow but it starts first try