Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really Good PC build

Budget (including currency): $5000

Country: United States America

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavy Work Loads and Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P8JzPX

 

I have a budget of $5000 and I'm trying to get the best pc I can get with that budget. I want a black pc that has a decent amount if RGB. I also want it to be able to run anything and be pretty darn future-proofed. Also it should have sufficient cooling for overclocking. I gather up a list above and I want comments and suggestions about how good it is or how it can be better. I also am wondering how you guys think I should position the fans for the above build. There are 2 360m AIOs (one for GPU and one for CPU). There are 3 NZXT fans and 2 Corsair fans (comes with the case). My initial idea for aesthetic reasons is to put the cpu rad on the top, the gpu rad on the side, the 3 120m NZXT fans in the front, and one of the corsair ones for the back. Then just keep the extra corsair as a spare. I need ideas though as to which way to position the fans and or if this setup makes sense. I appreciate the support for anyone who helps. Thanks!!

 

EDIT: Just so you guys know, performance is more important to me than aesthetic. However I'm spending a good chunk of money so I want it too look at least a little cool.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoah it's really a high end PC ! But rly the 3090Ti is a scam, you can get a 3080Ti for $1,000 less and have a pretty close performance...

 

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Budget (including currency): $5000

Country: United States America

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Heavy Work Loads and Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  https://pcpartpicker.com/list/P8JzPX

 

I have a budget of $5000 and I'm trying to get the best pc I can get with that budget. I want a black pc that has a decent amount if RGB. I also want it to be able to run anything and be pretty darn future-proofed. Also it should have sufficient cooling for overclocking. I gather up a list above and I want comments and suggestions about how good it is or how it can be better. I also am wondering how you guys think I should position the fans for the above build. There are 2 360m AIOs (one for GPU and one for CPU). There are 3 NZXT fans and 2 Corsair fans (comes with the case). My initial idea for aesthetic reasons is to put the cpu rad on the top, the gpu rad on the side, the 3 120m NZXT fans in the front, and one of the corsair ones for the back. Then just keep the extra corsair as a spare. I need ideas though as to which way to position the fans and or if this setup makes sense. I appreciate the support for anyone who helps. Thanks!!

 

EDIT: Just so you guys know, performance is more important to me than aesthetic. However I'm spending a good chunk of money so I want it too look at least a little cool.

 

looks good to me

though i made some changes

you dont need to pay for windows and i changed the power supply and cooler

you better go custom LC for 12900k but the cooler is great

there are better lc cooler like Asus ROG RYUJIN II 360 and better air cooler like noctua NHD15 but the one i added is nice and cool

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Whoah it's really a high end PC ! But rly the 3090Ti is a scam, you can get a 3080Ti for $1,000 less and have a pretty close performance...

 

Yeah I was considering the 3080ti but I'm waiting a bit to see if maybe the 3090ti will drop below if not I'll probably take that route

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Alireza said:

looks good to me

though i made some changes

you dont need to pay for windows and i changed the power supply and cooler

you better go custom LC for 12900k but the cooler is great

there are better lc cooler like Asus ROG RYUJIN II 360 and better air cooler like noctua NHD15 but the one i added is nice and cool

I'll have to look into that new aio you suggested, looks promising. Any reason why you changed the psu from 1000w to 1200w. I honestly thought I was overspecing enough by going 1000w, was I wrong? Just curious thats all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Alireza said:

looks good to me

though i made some changes

you dont need to pay for windows and i changed the power supply and cooler

you better go custom LC for 12900k but the cooler is great

there are better lc cooler like Asus ROG RYUJIN II 360 and better air cooler like noctua NHD15 but the one i added is nice and cool

Also how come I don't need to pay for windows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Yeah I was considering the 3080ti but I'm waiting a bit to see if maybe the 3090ti will drop below if not I'll probably take that route

The 3090Ti being mostly a scam it won't ever be cheap enough 🙂

 

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, PDifolco said:

The 3090Ti being mostly a scam it won't ever be cheap enough 🙂

 

Fair enough. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Also how come I don't need to pay for windows?

Why pay for it when they screw with things you want left alone?

 

This is my best bang for the buck build, a slightly upgraded version of my 5900X build. As stated, I'm all about bang for the buck, so this list gets a lot of performance for about 30% of your budget. There's room if you really want to go crazy. I wouldn't, however, you can pick up some speed from OC'ing RAM and I don't feel a 5950X, faster RAM, or faster M.2 would be worth it. In fact, The SN770 M.2 could be swapped for an SN570, but there's not much of a price difference and the SN770 is a bit faster, which may or may not be noticeable.

 

My 5900X hits 4.9 on PBO without any crazy stuff. Also have the 3060ti, a 3080ti could help the speed a bit in some scenarios.

 

As for cooling, you don't need AIO, just a good-flowng case and well-tuned fan setup. The 4000X has just 34 square inches of intake area, but it air-cools my 5900X flawlessly with a Scythe Mugen 5 and six 120s on a custom fan curve. Idles 38C-42C, nominal load around 57C-65C. Usually peaks around 70-72C in my heavier use. The 5900X / 5950X are safe to 90C, and mine has only hit 88-89C on a 30-minute Cinebench R23 run. You could see slightly lower temps with a 4000D Airflow, however.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

OP: My PC cuts off and crashes. Is the 1000W PSU enough?  ME: 1000W is plenty, PSU or system board could be faulty. Get both tested.

OP: I don't think so, both parts were purchased last week.        😒  Why bother asking if you second-guess the advice?

Friends don't let friends use Apple.                                              NOTE: Recently diagnosed autistic. I don't intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Also how come I don't need to pay for windows?

you can get a cheap windows key for like 10 bucks and even if you dont get it

you can use windows free of charge forever

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

I'll have to look into that new aio you suggested, looks promising. Any reason why you changed the psu from 1000w to 1200w. I honestly thought I was overspecing enough by going 1000w, was I wrong? Just curious thats all.

because you wrote you want a future proof pc and the 3090TI itself can draw close to 500 W on some air cooled model

the watercooled version is obviously more power hungry and when the cpu and GPU together can draw about 700-800 watt

i wouldn't even consider a 1000W PSU (it might be fine but we are talking about 5000$ hard earned cash that we don't want to catch on fire)

but the 1200W that i picked is one of the most high quality power supply in the market and it will handle it nicely with some headroom left for maybe a future upgrade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Just so you guys know, performance is more important to me than aesthetic. However I'm spending a good chunk of money so I want it too look at least a little cool.

 

 

A touch more performance that looks good. (Really, I'm just having fun with a decent budget.)

 

One set of fans to replace those on the GPU radiator.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KS 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($729.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Lian Li GALAHAD AIO 360 RGB UNI FAN SL120 EDITION 58.54 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI MEG Z690 UNIFY-X ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($459.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($216.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24 GB AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE Video Card  ($2208.43 @ Newegg) 
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO ATX Mid Tower Case  ($169.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair HX Platinum 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($243.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM 64-bit  ($119.98 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($84.98 @ Newegg) 
Case Fan: Lian Li UNI SL120 58.54 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($84.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $4878.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-28 11:19 EDT-0400

 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks these are all really good points. I appreciate the suggestions. Anyone have any ideas as to directions for the fans and stuff or would you guys suggest just testing it out and see what works best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, BobTheBuilder99 said:

Thanks these are all really good points. I appreciate the suggestions. Anyone have any ideas as to directions for the fans and stuff or would you guys suggest just testing it out and see what works best.

 

In general bottom, front intake; top, rear exhaust.

 

Cases like the O11, bottom, side intake; top, rear exhaust.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×