Bitlocker Recovery

Helo guys,

I was stupid and deleted my recovery text file witch had the recovery key for Bitlocker. I forgott password of course, its a drive i stored some important documents, but havent used in a long time, cause i didnt need the documents.

I have tried several recovery methods of this text file, but i always get some funny strings in that file like this :

.u-section-1 .u-sheet-1 {
  min-height: 835px;
}

.u-section-1 .u-post-details-1 {
  min-height: 375px;
  margin-top: 60px;
  margin-bottom: -10px;
}

.u-section-1 .u-container-layout-1 {
  padding: 30px;

and not the recovery key. Other deleted text files recover just fine. 

When you delete a file, the storage it occupies is marked as unused, which means Windows is free to overwrite it. The text you posted looks like some form of CSS. So most likely the recovery text file's data got overwritten by something else in the meantime, then the new data was also deleted. So what you're restoring isn't actually part of the recovery key. The more you use a drive after a file was deleted, the less likely it becomes to recover that file.

Not sure what to tell you other than: keep backups of important stuff, including recovery keys of encrypted data.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Mox1co said:

Helo guys,

I was stupid and deleted my recovery text file witch had the recovery key for Bitlocker. I forgott password of course, its a drive i stored some important documents, but havent used in a long time, cause i didnt need the documents.

I have tried several recovery methods of this text file, but i always get some funny strings in that file like this :

.u-section-1 .u-sheet-1 {
  min-height: 835px;
}

.u-section-1 .u-post-details-1 {
  min-height: 375px;
  margin-top: 60px;
  margin-bottom: -10px;
}

.u-section-1 .u-container-layout-1 {
  padding: 30px;

and not the recovery key. Other deleted text files recover just fine. 

Do you have an MS account linked to your install? If so the recovery key could be held there, possibly under your devices.

Unfortunately recovery key was not uploaded to my microsoft acc. Its strange that other text files from same folder and deleted and are recovered no problem just the bitlocker recovery file is coruppted.