First pc build!

Blurt

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the information available online, hoping for some help with my Pc build. I am going to use the pc for primarily gaming, as well as some school/possibly video editing. My hope for this is running most games at mid/max settings, and being able to run a clipping software while still having max frames. Budget for this is ~1500$ USD (not including the 3060ti purchased separately) most of/all of the parts being white is VERY important to me, did a lot of work to make everything match. Would also appreciate input on a 1440p monitor for less than 300$ (Not included in budget) thanks so much!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qhJJnt

5 minutes ago, Blurt said:

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all the information available online, hoping for some help with my Pc build. I am going to use the pc for primarily gaming, as well as some school/possibly video editing. My hope for this is running most games at mid/max settings, and being able to run a clipping software while still having max frames. Budget for this is ~1500$ USD (not including the 3060ti purchased separately) most of/all of the parts being white is VERY important to me, did a lot of work to make everything match. Would also appreciate input on a 1440p monitor for less than 300$ (Not included in budget) thanks so much!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qhJJnt

Looks ok, though I would say that your CPU is ahead of your GPU (3060ti is a bit below what I would suggest for 1440p) and I would personally cut on RGB in favour of airflow and cooling.

So say downgrading down to 12600F would be viable, you can also then go into the simpler air cooling options without much trouble, in fact that would make assembly easier. In a way if you were to cut down on RGB (ie case costs etc) you may be able to upgade your GPU to say 3070, much more reasonable for 1440p.

Current system. CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X; MoBo: Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master; RAM: 2x Crucial Ballistix MAX 2x8 GB (BLM2K8G40C18U4B); GPU: RX 6900 XT Gigabyte Aorus Master; case: Fractal Design Meshify-2; Storage: Samsung 980PRO 1TB NVMe SSD + 2x Samsung 980 1TB NVMe SSD; PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-850; Cooling: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360.

Option 1: Just as good but much cheaper

1. Swapped AIO to ML240L. Decent AIO, it's white and does not cost $300.
  2. Changed RAM. 3200mhz CL16 isn't much different from 3600mhz CL18.
  3. Changed SSD to the Sabrent Rocket Q. Great SSD and cheaper than the Samsung one.
  4. Changed case to Masterbox TD500 Mesh. I think you'll like that one too and once again it doesn't cost $300.
  5. Changed PSU to RM850. Just as good but cheaper.

---

Option 2: Same price but better (and kinda overkill)

1. Changed CPU to 12900K. It might be overkill but it's definitely a beast for things like video editing so you might benefit from it, though the 3060 Ti will definitely hold it back.
  2. Changed the board to a Z690 because it supports overclocking. This one still looks decent and should get the job done.
  3. Changed SSD to the 2tb P5 Plus. It's one of the best SSD's currently available.
  4. Changed PSU to RM750x which is better than the RM, but you could also change back to the RM850 from the first build if you want. Both are great units.
  5. Same things as I said about the other build.

If you haven't bought a GPU yet you could save some money by getting this one. It's not much slower but $200 cheaper. If choosing the i7 build you should be able to get a beefier GPU.