Some websites not loading - Arch Linux

13 hours ago, LaggyNacho said:

Hi there!

So yesterday I installed Arch Linux with KDE on an old computer and also in a virtual machine (VirtualBox). Both installations seem to work fine and I can use them regularly.

But there was one issue (on both installations): Many websites won't load. I can't even ping them. Websites like Youtube, Google, etc. work fine. But other ones like Reddit, Twitter, Github are just unable to load. Because of that I also can't install specific packages and apps.

What should I do to fix the issue? Thanks in advance.

What web browser are you using?

Its almost certainly IPv6 causing this, I've seen it myself in virtual machine with IPv6 enabled and the hypervisor not offering an IPv6 connection.

Open KDE settings > Network > IPv6 > Disabled/Ignored > Apply then reboot

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

20 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Open KDE settings > Network > IPv6 > Disabled/Ignored > Apply then reboot

You assume the OP is using NetworkManager, but one thing was never established in this thread is how the Network is being managed on the system.

If you install "networkmanager" and do "systemctl enable --now NetworkManager", does the network come up? While you don't have to use NetworkManager, it's the simplest solution that integrates with KDE.