Thunderbird advice needed

Hi, i am using Mozilla Thunderbird with two mail accounts, one: user1@domain.com and two: user2@domain.com.

My goal would be that i can receive emails from user accounts user1 and user2 but when sending mails, my goal is that i can send a new mail or replay to user2 received mail as and only user1. In other words, i want to remove user2 account from my "from" (top of new mail window) section when writing new mail or replay to an other email.

Is this even possible? 😀 Thank you guya for all your help. 😀

The way you worded your post makes my brain hurt. Do you want user2@domain.com email address to be able to receive emails but only respond from user1@domain.com? If that is the why not just redirect all emails from user2@domain.com to user1@domain.com? All of the free and paid email services I know of supports that. I dont know of a way to do what you are asking in clients.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

1. Do you want user2@domain.com email address to be able to receive emails but only respond from user1@domain.com?

2. If that is the why not just redirect all emails from user2@domain.com to user1@domain.com? All of the free and paid email services I know of supports that.

3. I dont know of a way to do what you are asking in clients.

1. Yes, that is what i want.

2. Tried that but then i get multiple coppies of the same mail, pop3 old type mail problem.

There is nothing wrong with user1 recieving user1 email and user2 receiving user2 emails, but when sending emails. I want to setup thunderbird that user1 is the only user who

can sent emails, i want to setup Thunderbird su there is only user1 account in the "from" section in Thunderbird when writing or replaying to any email. Se picture below.

3. Thank you for your help. 

tbd-sendmail.png

4 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

Just select which account from the "from" dropdown when you reply to the email.

People tend to select the wrong one in a rush. When you do a replay to email from user2 inbox, Thunderbird is automaticaly selecting user2 account in "from" section. So i want to avoid that so it can only select user1 no matter what a user do. The other problem is when sending email as user1, email copy goes to sent folder of user1 account, and same goes for user2 and that is making a big mess, some sent emails are in user1 acccount sent folder and others are in sent folder of user2 account, it depends of what user account your select in "from" section when sending or do a replay to an email.

1 hour ago, LWM723 said:

I don't think that's possible for replies from user2, only for new emails.

That is my opinion also. There is no way to remove it without losing inbox option so it can recieve emails.

My only option is to edit user2 account SMTP settings to something else, for an example some weird port so when someone by mistake select this account when replaying to an email, Thunderbird sends a message that server.... is not reachable and this way mail can not be sent without selecting proper account first in "from" section.

1 hour ago, LWM723 said:

Possible, as long as user2 can still receive mail.

Tried it and it works.