PC Build

Just wondering if this is a good pc build and if everything is compatible 

IMG_20220523_170004.jpg

SSD can be cheaper (like SN570 or P2). Also you can probably get a better PSU, you're spending money on one with RGB that you won't even see.

You can get a slightly cheaper SSD, but I would definitely get one with a dram cache, WD SN570 and Crucial P2 don't have DRAM cache.

Also, you could get a 5800x rather than a 5700g, the 5800x performs better, it only lacks integrated graphics, which you don't need with the rtx 3060.

Unless if you plan on going for periods of time without a graphics card it may be better to go with the non "G" version of the Ryzen 7 5xxx range. 

If you intend to use multiple pcie gen4 m.2 SSDs or need super fast networking then you may need to go up to the X570 motherboards, but apart from that, the motherboard is decent and should work.

Depending on applications, the 16GB of ram may be more limiting under future workloads and it's not too much extra to go up to 32GB

I personally use a Samsung 980 and while it is a bit expensive I'd say it is well worth the money paid and defo not a part I'd skimp on. 

With regards to the PSU I'll refer you to this forum post with a comprehensive outline of power supply options: 

Also of note, if you do end up replacing the non RGB fans from your CPU cooler, you should ideally replace them with static pressure fans and not high airflow fans. 

Apart from that, it's looking like an interesting build, all the best!

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro