I modded my Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL case with magnets and removed the support beam!

Natsukashii

Heya!

2 days ago I asked if it was possible to remove the support beam of my Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL, well now it's done!

I did this mod because the Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL is a great case but I liked the tank fish look of my previous xigmatek aquarius case on the left.

I tried to do this cleanly so I could go back if I wanted. I used a drill to remove the rivet holding the support beam to the frame. I purchased some rubberized magnets with dual sided tape to hold the new clear side panels and used some electrical tape to finish the design.

Using magnets allow to remove the side glass panels without removing the top of the case like with the originals glass panels. Also magnets are fun haha

Overall I'm pretty happy with the result, it looks pretty clean, only issue is that there are minimal 2mm wide gape around the side panels (thickness of the magnets) so this case might pull in a bit of dust but that's no bigger gape than most normal case would have. 

@NatsukashiiThat looks good.  Well done.  Is the top plate particularly loose? Think it'll still hold a 360?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

11 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

@NatsukashiiThat looks good.  Well done.  Is the top plate particularly loose? Think it'll still hold a 360?

I'm currently building my new setup in it and yeah there's a small sag at the corner but it Is really minimal and the glass panels will bring it up again just fine. I don't believe this will introduce any permanent bend or weakness in the whole case as the case is an absolute unit already and well build, compared to my previous xigmatek case that feel very flimsy now even tho it came stock like this.