Problems with a 2070 super...

Doby

Gpu fans are pushing themselves to more than 100% every almost 1 minute of gaming and after some quick monitoring I found this on my 2070 super temps. Does this mean I gotta change thermal pads?(and yes the gpu is clean and has plenty of airflow)

Screenshot_58.png

Urgg indeed that's too high temps, should be 15C less, not even sure bad thermal paste is enough to explain that...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Just now, PDifolco said:

Urgg indeed that's too high temps, should be 15C less, not even sure bad thermal paste is enough to explain that...

Oh ... what would you do? Start with replacing pads and see where that gets me?

5 minutes ago, Doby said:

Oh ... what would you do? Start with replacing pads and see where that gets me?

Yeah sure start by disassembling it, clean it and change paste, maybe thermal pads as well, and see what it gives...

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

is it a new card? did you do anything to it recently, in term of physically?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

You're sure your fans are working and actually ramping up to try and dissipate the heat as the temps rise?

Try switching drivers and reset the fan curves to stock to verify maybe?  

Other than that it sounds like you have to take it apart and remove the old pads and paste and refresh them all.  Did it just happen all at once or did you not notice it getting worse over time?