Does KVM introduces Input Lag in Keyboard and Mouse ?

Soumyadeep Ghosh

Currently I have 2 setup - My Personal Desktop, and my Office Laptop. I share the monitor among the two with one connected at DP and another at HDMI. Now the issue is I need to maintain 2 keyboard and mouse for each laptop. I was thinking to only connect my personal Keyboard Mouse (ofcourse much better than the one offered by workplace) over a KVM to both the system. But I am worried about the input Lag it might introduce while gaming.

Place : India

Any suggestion of good KVM would be helpful

Technically, yes, because the signal has to travel further, but it is going to be literally imperceptible unless you're a robot or it's a very shit KVM

馃尣馃尣馃尣

鈼捖犫棐聽

Yes, every resistance will introduce latency, but i don't think it will not be noticable, it is still way better than using wireless mouse/kb.

KVM is just wire extension, there's no conversion in between, so i think the quality difference from one to the other is hardly quantifiable outside the build quality.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750聽| 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull聽| Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w