Umami analytics Hosting

hey all, i use Publii and cloudlfare pages to host a website, and wanted to put umami analytics on the site instead of google (for privacy concerns). is there any way I can host them together (or host umami on the side for free)

im fairly new to web development but pretty tech savvy, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

check your cables!
samsung s10e | android enthusiast | Tech blogger | XC Athlete | Surface pro 4

I mean you will need to know the code of the system you are working with and use your coding skills to implement Umami analytics support in your website,

I pretty sure that if you knew how to implement it you would have done it on your own.

So your only option have Publii or someone else implement support for Umami analytics.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

3 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I mean you will need to know the code of the system you are working with and use your coding skills to implement Umami analytics support in your website,

I pretty sure that if you knew how to implement it you would have done it on your own.

So your only option have Publii or someone else implement support for Umami analytics.

there is an umami plugin for publii, but the docs are really confusing for me

https://marketplace.getpublii.com/plugins/umami-analytics/

check your cables!

25 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

hey all, i use Publii and cloudlfare pages to host a website, and wanted to put umami analytics on the site instead of google (for privacy concerns). is there any way I can host them together (or host umami on the side for free)

im fairly new to web development but pretty tech savvy, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

You need to self host an umami install somewhere, their docs have guides for many providers that offer free tiers:

https://umami.is/docs/hosting

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 minutes ago, igormp said:

You need to self host an umami install somewhere, their docs have guides for many providers that offer free tiers:

https://umami.is/docs/hosting

what provider do you reccomend?

check your cables!

18 minutes ago, kamonanban said:

what provider do you reccomend?

Up to you, I have no experience with the free ones mentioned, and had good experiences with heroku in the past (but they're having some issues lately).

You could also get a free tier instance from AWS or GCP, but I believe it'll be kinda tough for you to set it up.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

3 minutes ago, igormp said:

Up to you, I have no experience with the free ones mentioned, and had good experiences with heroku in the past (but they're having some issues lately).

You could also get a free tier instance from AWS or GCP, but I believe it'll be kinda tough for you to set it up.

I heard some good things about heroku, and aws sounds very reliable if i ever set it up large scale. thanks!

check your cables!