Input on first PC build

Noudl

Budget (including currency): €1200

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Good day everyone,

I'm building my first PC and need some input on my shopping list. My budget is around 1200 euros /1250 usd. The PC will be used as daily/entertainment/gaming rig.

I play mostly World of Warcraft , League of Legends and Steam games on1080p.

There is the shopping list: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/user/noudl/saved/#view=yK7spg

Thanks in advance!

Hey, it says permission denied so i cant see your list. Make it public

Screenshot (6).png

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

We can't see the part list , it's set to private I guess. 

indeed, set it to public now

Im pretty sure getting two seperate sticks of 8 is gonna be more expensive than having two sticks in like on pack if you know what i mean

Okay so other than the ram sticks everything looks fine except the case, it shows on pcpartpicker that that case isnt available in the Netherlands, so i added a different one to ther list. You can also get the gpu for cheaper if you get the dual fan one. 

Here's the updated list i made:

https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/RLfyW4

Eh. You're using US prices but you're in Netherlands ... PC Part Picker has netherlands in the list, and will choose Amazon.de or some NL friendly stores.

Cooler - meh.  you're paying for the RGB, and a somewhat silent fan, but the performance is just average. For 5-10 euro more you can get a more powerful cooler (though with that 12400F it may not be needed)

That motherboard is kinda budget. It's fine with that CPU, but will struggle with higher power cpus should you decide to upgrade... you're losing usb ports, you're probably losing on integrated audio (they don't even say what Realtek chip is used).

Agree with buying a kit of 2 sticks, will be cheaper, unless you get a really good deal.

Not sure how good that Kingston NV1 is ... if it uses QLC memory, nah, not worth saving 10 euro or whatever to get QLC memory. 

You can do better for the power supply. Aim for gold efficiency. 

here's an AMD suggestion - the 5600x has same performance as 12400F : 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tq7RVw

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€229.00 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€104.90 @ Azerty) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (€69.88 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€89.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Power Supply: BitFenix Formula Gold 750 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Amazon Netherlands) 
Total: €563.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-16 12:09 CEST+0200

Add case and video card. 

Notice there's no CPU cooler, because the stock cooler is decent enough so you can save those 50 euro and put it to the video card budget, maybe get a 3060 instead of 3050 ... if the noise or temperatures bother you, then you can always get a cooler later and replace the fan. 

If you need wireless, you can spend 10-15 euro on a pci-e x1 wireless card, or there's motherboards with WiFi for at least 5-10 euro more.

You get a Full ATX motherboard with a 12 phase VRM (ok, 6 phases doubles) with plenty of room for future upgrades, and you get onboard ALC1200 with 7.1 analogue outputs and optical out and 2.5 gbps lan , and usb 10g front panel header, very good value at 105 euro.

The suggestions you get for 99 euro motherboards are for mATX models that cut corners and have weaker VRMs. The B660M DS3H is supposed to be used with onboard video - half the IO shield is video outputs... and that cpu has no integrated video card.

17 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

3000 Mhz ram  and Ryzen 5600 is not that ok - not worth reducing possible performance for 3-4 euro. 

The motherboard is cheap and will work with a 4-6 core cpu BUT support for the 5th generation Ryzens is very recent and could still be issues.

It does not have bios flashback feature, and the first bios that supports 5th generation cpus is the latest released in 31st of March 2021 - so about 90% chance that the motherboard you'd buy today would come with a much older bios, from around November - December 2021. 

You would need to use some other CPU to update the bios, and then use a 5xxx series processor on that board. 

* they say that bios (the latest is needed) but I see some previous bioses claiming support for 5xxx series processors, so it could work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The powers supply ... I saw the price, but I just didn't trust it ... only one store has it at 73 euro, everyone else had it at 105-126 euro. Too big of a discount. Could be PC Part Picker's info is outdated, or it was a sale at that store... not trusting it. 

The case ... no idea, it's personal tastes ... but I'd make sure the case actually comes with those 3 RGB fans and you should see if they're controllable RGB fans and not just passive (show the same rainbow puke all the time) colors.

5 minutes ago, mariushm said:

3000 Mhz ram  and Ryzen 5600 is not that ok - not worth reducing possible performance for 3-4 euro. 

Yk its just a matter of setting 3200mhz in bios without adjusting anything and itll work fine, even if you need to do an adjustment prob only slight volt increase if needed, there is ballistix at 80€ but pretty useless if you dont overclock it

6 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The motherboard is cheap and will work with a 4-6 core cpu BUT support for the 5th generation Ryzens is very recent and could still be issues.

Cost savings ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯   you could just ask the seller for ryzen 5000 update

7 minutes ago, mariushm said:

but I'd make sure the case actually comes with those 3 RGB fans and you should see if they're controllable RGB fans and not just passive (show the same rainbow puke all the time) colors.

https://www.antec.com/product/case/nx260

The argb fans should be controllable considering theyre argb