M.2 intermittent detection

perthro

I've been having trouble getting my sata m.2 to detect. It only detects if it or any other storage media has been connected or disconnected since the computer was last shut off. Otherwise it doesn't appear at all. The m.2 in question is a Kingston A400 on a gigabyte b550i pro ax installed in the rear m.2 slot. Other storage devices installed are an NVMe Sabrent Rocket and Western Digital Blue WD10SPZX. The m.2 in question was taken from a laptop. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

try moving the hdd's sata cable to different sata ports on the mobo. not sure of that mobo's configuration, but it could be an issue with the hdd and the sata m.2 trying to use the same lanes.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

try moving the hdd's sata cable to different sata ports on the mobo. not sure of that mobo's configuration, but it could be an issue with the hdd and the sata m.2 trying to use the same lanes.

Gave them all a shot, no dice. I decided to call it quits and tear another m.2 out of a different laptop. Seems to be working fine now. Probably just some unfortunate weirdness with that particular drive. Thank's for taking the time to answer!