Can't watch video Windows 11 after sleep

Insanity1999

So I finally upgraded PC and windows and decided to use sleep rather than leaving pc on 24/7 but every time I wake it up video is broken?
It'll play 1 frame then be stuck forever, this goes for Discord embeded, Chrome, Mpv and Discord videos. gifs work and Movies & Tv app thing plays at 1 fps.
I can only assume it was drivers but everything as far as I can tell works fine. Only thing I noticed is when I right click steam no games have icons but maybe it was already like that and App and Browser control turned off?

Chrome:Version 101.0.4951.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)
GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 512.77
OS Version: 22000.675 (Windows 11)

GPU:1080ti
CPU: AMD 5900x

When you write that it decided to use sleep rather than stay on - have you looked at the settings? I have to ask this question to clarify.

2 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

When you write that it decided to use sleep rather than stay on - have you looked at the settings? I have to ask this question to clarify.

I am using performance mode, turn off display after 1 hour and sleep after 4. it also does it when I put it to sleep manually. I'd like to use sleep but it's having this issue

4 minutes ago, Insanity1999 said:

I am using performance mode, turn off display after 1 hour and sleep after 4. it also does it when I put it to sleep manually. I'd like to use sleep but it's having this issue

Is fast boot enabled in windows and BIOS? If so try disabling them in both places.

8 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

Is fast boot enabled in windows and BIOS? If so try disabling them in both places.

Seems to have no affect

3 hours ago, Insanity1999 said:

Seems to have no affect

Nevermind that you have tried.

From what I can gather reading around, it seems that AMD can have that problem sometimes.

The cause and the solution I don't know but I'll link here what I've found so far from a couple quick searches:

"Your issue could be either with software or hardware. If issue is with hardware, your PSU is the culprit.Some PSUs, especially older and/or lower build quality units doesn't support CPU C6/C7 sleep states. It manifests as BSoD or black screen on wake up."

What PSU are you using?

6 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

Nevermind that you have tried.

From what I can gather reading around, it seems that AMD can have that problem sometimes.

The cause and the solution I don't know but I'll link here what I've found so far from a couple quick searches:

"Your issue could be either with software or hardware. If issue is with hardware, your PSU is the culprit.Some PSUs, especially older and/or lower build quality units doesn't support CPU C6/C7 sleep states. It manifests as BSoD or black screen on wake up."

What PSU are you using?

Uh, a Corsair CX850 I believe. Iy's a few years old but still more than enough power. Everyone that has this issue seem to get a black screen and frozen PC. I don't have that problem. Drivers are picking up atleast partially from sleep mode as games run fine

1 hour ago, Insanity1999 said:

Uh, a Corsair CX850 I believe. Iy's a few years old but still more than enough power. Everyone that has this issue seem to get a black screen and frozen PC. I don't have that problem. Drivers are picking up atleast partially from sleep mode as games run fine

After you wake up from sleep is there anything in your event log that would indicate a problem?

7 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

After you wake up from sleep is there anything in your event log that would indicate a problem?

Any suggestions on what to look for? Keywords etc

3 hours ago, Insanity1999 said:

Any suggestions on what to look for? Keywords etc

I would try looking under Windows logs > system as a start.

Your issue is GPU or Audio driver related. The simplest method is to just download the latest drivers for both, uninstall both, restart, and install the latest drivers for both again.

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Your issue is GPU or Audio driver related. The simplest method is to just download the latest drivers for both, uninstall both, restart, and install the latest drivers for both again.

I did that, twice. It's also a clean install of windows11

• 2 weeks later...

try "resetting" the display driver after you wake it up. ctrl+windows+shift and press B