Best way to automate outlook archives for a buisness

I am an IT admin in a medium sized business. Currently when a staff member leaves we need to reset passwords and login to outlook to download their email PST. 

I am curious if anyone has come across a better way of downloading a users mailbox without the need to login etc which takes a lot of time

14 hours ago, william444555 said:

I am an IT admin in a medium sized business. Currently when a staff member leaves we need to reset passwords and login to outlook to download their email PST. 

I am curious if anyone has come across a better way of downloading a users mailbox without the need to login etc which takes a lot of time

Are they hosted through 365?

6 hours ago, Prometheus935 said:

Are they hosted through 365?

Yep, on a A1 licence

8 hours ago, william444555 said:

Yep, on a A1 licence

Are you downloading them just as a backup solution? If you just want them to be accessible just convert them to a shared mailbox and leave it at that. 

If they are for backups then you'll need to look into a better backup solution. You can get local NAS's that'll backup 365 data or cloud solution can do the same.

• 7 months later...

You can always do a content search and export the whole mailbox in few clicks on the Admin center.