Need PC Advice

Go to solution Solved by Jack Dvorak,

if you are planning on switching out the case, at that point, just build it entirely yourself. 5600x and 3060 is a good combo, but with prices going down now you may even be able to get a 3070 or 3070ti if you budget it out right on pcpartpicker with microcenter GPU pricing.

Budget (including currency): 1400$ USD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Adobe products (after effects, premiere pro), Call of Duty Games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So I wanna get my first ever pc for editing and gaming. But I need some tech advice. So I was gonna buy this asus pc but what
I wanted to do is, take everything out of the case and put it in a cooler master case. Wanted to do this because the reviews on this asus pc is that it overheat and the airflow is garbage. But I researched that the 3060 and ryzen combo with 32gb ram is a great combo for both gaming and basic editing. Along with the new case, I wanted upgrade the cooler and power supply. Just wanted to know if I have to watch out for anything or possibly run into any issues.

Or if anyone else has other ideas on what I could do instead of buying and modifying a prebuilt.

The asus pc-

https://www.microcenter.com/product/637901/rog-strix-ga15-gaming-pc-platinum-collection?ob=1&rf=Search+Results

if you are planning on switching out the case, at that point, just build it entirely yourself. 5600x and 3060 is a good combo, but with prices going down now you may even be able to get a 3070 or 3070ti if you budget it out right on pcpartpicker with microcenter GPU pricing.

1 hour ago, Jack Dvorak said:

Appreciate it, the hard part has always been getting all the parts at a good price. But I’ll keep looking

2 hours ago, Onyx Wade said:

Appreciate it, the hard part has always been getting all the parts at a good price. But I’ll keep looking

Too easy.

For $1400 you could easily do a ryzen 5 and a 3070ti.  Check this out:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($184.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock A520M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston KC2500 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($158.91 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($717.99 @ EVGA) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1400.86 ($35 less if you get the CPU and motherboard from microcenter)
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-10 19:06 EDT-0400

This has a 2TB SSD for the same price you'd have paid for a 1TB SSD and a 1TB HDD, so files stored anywhere will load into adobe really fast.  

This is a pretty good coolermaster case that includes RGB fans.  

Get the 5600 non-x, for a 3070ti it's gonna game identically for what'll end up being $40 less than the 5600X, and it will come with a cooler.

If you wanna add an afterfmarket cooler later you definitely have budget to get a spirit 120 or the likes for like $35.  

If you can get the CPU and motherboard at microcenter, the CPU is $15 cheaper there, and you'll get a $20 discount on the motherboard.  While you are there, get an intel wifi 6 BT/WiFi chip to attach to the  m.2 wifi specific port on the motherboard (takes up virtually no space).  For $25 It's effectively the same as having really good onboard wifi, but cheaper and it guarantees you the highest standard of WiFi in 2022.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

5 hours ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Too easy.

For $1400 you could easily do a ryzen 5 and a 3070ti.  Check this out:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($184.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock A520M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Kingston KC2500 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($158.91 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($717.99 @ EVGA) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB320L ARGB MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($84.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1400.86 ($35 less if you get the CPU and motherboard from microcenter)
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-10 19:06 EDT-0400

This has a 2TB SSD for the same price you'd have paid for a 1TB SSD and a 1TB HDD, so files stored anywhere will load into adobe really fast.  

This is a pretty good coolermaster case that includes RGB fans.  

Get the 5600 non-x, for a 3070ti it's gonna game identically for what'll end up being $40 less than the 5600X, and it will come with a cooler.

If you wanna add an afterfmarket cooler later you definitely have budget to get a spirit 120 or the likes for like $35.  

If you can get the CPU and motherboard at microcenter, the CPU is $15 cheaper there, and you'll get a $20 discount on the motherboard.  While you are there, get an intel wifi 6 BT/WiFi chip to attach to the  m.2 wifi specific port on the motherboard (takes up virtually no space).  For $25 It's effectively the same as having really good onboard wifi, but cheaper and it guarantees you the highest standard of WiFi in 2022.

Oh snap, thank you. I really appreciate this.