Looking for good RAID card or software

Inheritance

I have a Plex / NAS that I am upgrading. Currently I am using Windows 10 RAID 0 with 6 - 6TB HDD. Yes I have my data backed up on a cloud service and remote location since it does contain work data. The problem is Windows RAID isnt actually getting the performance of all 6 drives in RAID 0 but its just presenting the drives as such and stripping the data.

I am looking for a RAID card that can support at last 6 drives preferably 8 but either will work. Doesn't need a super fast RAID controller since they are just HDD. I have looked around but all I see is cards from LSI or G10 which are all a 150$+. 

I looked in to the cards with a ASMedia ASM1062R but from what I can tell that RAID controller will only support 2 drives and there is nothing out there that can provide it with 3 drives per lane to enable operation with 6 drives. 

Right now I am thinking of getting a LSI 9211-8i from EBay. Saw some old posts on the web about its decent performance. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this matter.

If anyone knows of any RAID software that can get more performance then Windows built in RAID please do let me know! 

Thank you for any suggestions! 😄

Check out my iCUE Guide Beta Tester for Corsair

Got a Corsair Product? Got a Question?

Feel Free to PM Me ?

Check out my iCUE Guide