Need help in finding a good configuration for my PC

Odeya

Hello guys,

Im new to this forum so, if i post in a wrong place please let me know 😁

I have some questions regarding a hard drive and ssd setup for my pc, what i have in mind right now:

256GB SSD for OS and some small apps

500GB SSD for Data backup or storage for anything

1TB HDD for my games (why i need to separate it because i have some of my games are cracked just to make sure if it got virus not infecting other drive, and i choose HDD since i dont mind for slow loading)

So in total i need 2 SSD and 1 HDD

Does this safe enough and good enough setup for my storage? I need your suggestions, any answers would be appreciated, btw im still learning all this too 😁

Sorry for my bad english, not a native speaker 😁

Just getting one single 1TB M.2 NVMe drive might not only be similar-ish in price but also easier to handle when using the PC. You can still buy an HDD but considering the prices you should just go for a 2TB one.
However, drive seperation won't help you with computer viruses. If a virus has access to your PC it won't really matter from which drive it does have access. For running sketchy software, virtual machines that are properly set up are way better and safer.

29 minutes ago, startrek03 said:

Just getting one single 1TB M.2 NVMe drive might not only be similar-ish in price but also easier to handle when using the PC. You can still buy an HDD but considering the prices you should just go for a 2TB one.
However, drive seperation won't help you with computer viruses. If a virus has access to your PC it won't really matter from which drive it does have access. For running sketchy software, virtual machines that are properly set up are way better and safer.

Hmmm i see, im new to this virtual machine, im just an average user, is it complicated to set it up? and does separate drive can benefit from BSOD while retaining the data on the other drive? or is it just creating a partition is safe enough?

22 minutes ago, Odeya said:

Hmmm i see, im new to this virtual machine, im just an average user, is it complicated to set it up? and does separate drive can benefit from BSOD while retaining the data on the other drive? or is it just creating a partition is safe enough?

I just know that separate drives won't help you with viruses and that VMs might be a possible solution for running sketchy software. When it comes to actually setting up a VM, I'm the wrong person to ask.

If you want to protect your data from being corrupted, just make regular backups to a different drive.