First custom build!

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

So there a number of concerns that I have about this

1. Are you actually paying $440 for that motherboard? It would actually be the same price to buy a modern i7 12700F and a decent B660 motherboard than it would be to get just that motherboard. Unless you're getting that board for $50-100 it actually makes more sense to flip the CPU on eBay and buy a 12400 or 12700 instead (both of which are much, much faster CPUs). 
  2. That is very expensive for that AIO. The EKWB Basic 360mm rad is the same price as that and will perform quite a bit better. That said, for a non-overclocking CPU/motherboard, I would really encourage going air cooling over an AIO just for the reliability. 
  3. The motherboard you own doesn't support gen 4 SSDs, so while it would work, you won't get the speeds of that drive. You're better off saving $50 and getting a good Gen 3 drive instead.
  4. You can get a good 850W PSU for the same price as that. 
  5. Don't pay full price for Windows 10, you can get a them from a key reseller for ~$20-30
  6. You really should just get a motherboard with WiFi, not buying a WiFi adapter for $40. It's usually a $20 addon and you save yourself an expansion slot for future use.

If you change those things around, flip the GPU for ~$300, with the money you saved you can probably go 6700XT instead, maybe even 3070Ti. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XhJbLs

Budget (including currency): $4000 (USD)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: General Gaming, from Elden Ring to Terraria, etc. 

Other details: I am moving from an Alienware Aurora R7 from 2017. I'm taking the processor, RAM (I upgraded to 32 gigs of Corsair Vengeance Elite), the HDD, and the GPU. I've never built a PC before so I'm looking for any suggestions. I'm pretty shaky on the motherboard. Any advice is appreciated!
spacer.png

So there a number of concerns that I have about this

1. Are you actually paying $440 for that motherboard? It would actually be the same price to buy a modern i7 12700F and a decent B660 motherboard than it would be to get just that motherboard. Unless you're getting that board for $50-100 it actually makes more sense to flip the CPU on eBay and buy a 12400 or 12700 instead (both of which are much, much faster CPUs). 
  2. That is very expensive for that AIO. The EKWB Basic 360mm rad is the same price as that and will perform quite a bit better. That said, for a non-overclocking CPU/motherboard, I would really encourage going air cooling over an AIO just for the reliability. 
  3. The motherboard you own doesn't support gen 4 SSDs, so while it would work, you won't get the speeds of that drive. You're better off saving $50 and getting a good Gen 3 drive instead.
  4. You can get a good 850W PSU for the same price as that. 
  5. Don't pay full price for Windows 10, you can get a them from a key reseller for ~$20-30
  6. You really should just get a motherboard with WiFi, not buying a WiFi adapter for $40. It's usually a $20 addon and you save yourself an expansion slot for future use.

If you change those things around, flip the GPU for ~$300, with the money you saved you can probably go 6700XT instead, maybe even 3070Ti. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XhJbLs