Best airflow?

Thejeti
Go to solution Solved by Ralfi,
6 hours ago, Thejeti said:

I was wondering if its ok to change one of the top to be intake(the right one)? That will create a positive pressure right?

Sure, but you could also create positive pressure by increasing the RPM of the two intakes so they bring in more air than the three exhaust fans output. This may increase noise though.

But it may be better for your CPU if you turn that fan around as you’ll not only get the positive pressure you want, but there will be more cool air pushed to the CPU fan, so you may be able to turn the RPM down for at least 2 of your 3 intake fans (for light to medium workloads anyway).

But if noise is no issue, then don’t worry about changing RPM/fan curves.

Hello guys!

I hope you are doing well, this is my second post ever.

I wanted to ask you about airflow/pressure etc. I have done my research but I want your opinion on the matter.

I have 4 xpg vento case fans (120 mm, 3 are RGB, 1200 pressure) my case is an XPG invader case. The fans are mounted: 2 front intake, 2 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust.

I was wondering if its ok to change one of the top to be intake(the right one)? That will create a positive pressure right?

I have a picture of my setup, hope that you will give me your feedback 🙂

IMG-20220423-WA0057.jpeg

if you want to use a positive airflow configuration make it like this:
upper: intake
Front: intake
back: exhaust

this is my example..
but, because the position of the power supply is still above, therefore the fan position is as follows
Front: intake
back: exhaust
bottom: intake

20220428_001258[1].jpg

That is quite phenomenal! 

Thank you for the response, ill do some testings when I arrive home 🙂

6 hours ago, Thejeti said:

Sure, but you could also create positive pressure by increasing the RPM of the two intakes so they bring in more air than the three exhaust fans output. This may increase noise though.

But it may be better for your CPU if you turn that fan around as you’ll not only get the positive pressure you want, but there will be more cool air pushed to the CPU fan, so you may be able to turn the RPM down for at least 2 of your 3 intake fans (for light to medium workloads anyway).

17 hours ago, Ralfi said:

Thanks for the response! I did that and I think ive found the sweetspot. 

4 hours ago, Thejeti said:

Thanks for the response! I did that and I think ive found the sweetspot. 

Which method did you do? Just increase RPM of existing fan orientation, or change fan orientation??

Just now, Ralfi said:

Which method did you do? Just increase RPM of existing fan orientation, or change fan orientation??

Ive changed the fan orientation and it happened as you said it would: more ventilation to the CPU and less noise overall 😄