USB issues with X99 and Windows 10

maazster

Hello folks, 

I have a system which has the following:

Gigabyte X99 gaming ultra

I7 6850K

MSI GTX 1070

32 GB DDR4 3200 quad channel ram

There is an issue where the mouse freezes intermittently and the keyboard would spam a key while typing. These are issues with the system itself and not the peripherals. 

I cannot transfer between USB drives and it would stop any transfers. 

I see this only with windows 10 and I had tested with Ubuntu, which did not show any problems. 

I currently have the F6 bios installed and the drivers on Gigabytes website does not support windows 10, I get errors of unsupported os or that the system does not meet minimum requirements. 

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

IN Windows Update can you download drivers for the usb chipset? If you know the model number of the controller if it isn't integrated into another chip on the board, the first party supplier (Texas Instruments in the case of my C600 board) may have a driver although Gigabyte doesn't.

There are no driver updates at all in Windows updates. I am not sure which controller the Gigabyte board uses but looking at their driver list on their website, they seem to be intel drivers and intel does not have any updates for this particular system after scanning and analysing for updates.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

11 minutes ago, maazster said:

There are no driver updates at all in Windows updates. I am not sure which controller the Gigabyte board uses but looking at their driver list on their website, they seem to be intel drivers and intel does not have any updates for this particular system after scanning and analysing for updates.

OK it probably uses a controller integrated onto a glue logic chip, southbridge (ICH) probably. 

Could try another ICH driver

Download ASUS X99-DELUXE Intel USB 3.0 Driver 3.0.0.34 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit (softpedia.com)

but first I'd recommend installing the Windows 7 64bit and manually selecting one of the installed files through Device Manager.