GPU memory temp 0c, is this a problem?

Pixelfie

About 8 months ago I got my GPU replaced because the first one had some issues (went from Sapphire 5500 XT 4gb to MSI Gaming X 5500 XT 8gb). It always said the memory temp is 0c, but I thought this GPU just didn't have a sensor for that. Apparently it does. I checked the review on Techpowerup and they had a temp for the memory when it just says 0c for mine (checked with GPU-Z and HWInfo64). I haven't had any issues with this card apart from the fact that it has the worst coil whine in history, and the memory temp being 0c. Is this something I should worry about, and maybe even RMA? I know it's not related to the drivers. I clean installed both 10 and 11 (not for this reason), and tried drivers from 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022 and all had this issue. I don't think it's an issue since everything works, but if the memory is like 150c without me knowing that's not good.

MSI Radeon RX 5500 XT Gaming X 8 GB Review - Temperatures & Fan Noise | TechPowerUp

image.png.8d4b5518eb659789532315fcc3dcf4de.png

The Gpu might either have a damaged temp sensor , a temp sensor not soldered on properly or one missing at all! Generally most of the GPUs Now a days have a Temp sensor or It might a software bug , If not try issuing a replacement for it if you have warranty.

12 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Is this something I should worry about,

Could be a faulty sensor.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

16 minutes ago, Sami_Payne said:

The Gpu might either have a damaged temp sensor , a temp sensor not soldered on properly or one missing at all! Generally most of the GPUs Now a days have a Temp sensor or It might a software bug , If not try issuing a replacement for it if you have warranty.

Yeah I could try RMA. But I'm kinda worried that they'll replace it with a 6500 XT since they don't make 5500 XT cards anymore...

13 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Could be a faulty sensor.

Seems like it, but is it a bad enough problem to RMA or am I fine? I prefer not to if I don't need to because knowing how things work they will probably send me a 6500 XT which is worse like you probably know... But I could also get a refund which I can buy a better GPU from