Two Different Monitors, Two Different Hz

Relph84
Go to solution Solved by VirusDumb,
35 minutes ago, Relph84 said:

Nope, one is for gaming and the other is for other stuff.

It might look weird to your eyes tho when you move the cursor from one monitor to another, my friend uses his dad's old lcd 4:3 768p monitor from the early 2000s as his secondary monitor along side a 144hz samsung curved gaming monitor, it feels weird when you move around the cursor in one and then take it to the other

Hello all,

Atm I have two 32'' monitors with a 75Hz refresh rate connected to a RTX 3070. Now I'm thinking of getting one 27" 180Hz and keep one 32'' (for now).

I assume having two different Hz won't cause any problems, right? I know, it may look a bit stupid, but I only use one monitor to game with and the other is for web/music player/Discord/other stuff (while gaming).

In the future, I may want to get a second 27'' (with a lower Hz) to replace the second 32'' because of the look.

Question, is this a stupid idea and can the Hz difference cause problems with the RTX 3070?

Greetings Jack!

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

9 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

It probably won't, as long as you don't use both the monitor half half in full screen

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

35 minutes ago, Relph84 said:

It might look weird to your eyes tho when you move the cursor from one monitor to another, my friend uses his dad's old lcd 4:3 768p monitor from the early 2000s as his secondary monitor along side a 144hz samsung curved gaming monitor, it feels weird when you move around the cursor in one and then take it to the other

2 minutes ago, VirusDumb said:

Lesser smooth, yeah good point. That is something I have to live with and it will safe me lots of money. Thank you for your input.