LTT going above and beyond

volatus146

Check out the attached screenshots...

I sent an email to the support team at lttstore.com about the screwdriver, wanting some clarification on using it for not-pc-building

not only did i get a response to my question, but someone went out to of their way to contact an engineer, and that engineer in turn went out of THEIR way to answer my question with more detail than I could have ever needed!

This is why we buy stuff from LTT. Its not just merch, its great service and advice like this that goes above and beyond anything you'd expect from a customer support team.

Screenshot_1567.png

Screenshot_1566.png

25 minutes ago, volatus146 said:

its great service and advice like this that goes above and beyond anything you'd expect from a customer support team.

Reminds me of a firearms company, that gives very good advice but will even take pictures of setups and solutions.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-15-in-1-Multi-Bit-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-32305/314975058#overlay

When you charge $70 for a plastic screwdriver with no warranty, you can afford to splurge on customer service.

The email you received is essentially a list a materials and a shrug.

Don't know what sort of car work you do, but it sounds like the ratchet mechanism will lose its lubrication if you get any Deep Creep/SeaFoam on it.

Also note how their email indicates that there has been no stress testing of the LTT screwdriver in different environments.

16 hours ago, pstrick2 said:

Don't know what sort of car work you do, but it sounds like the ratchet mechanism will lose its lubrication if you get any Deep Creep/SeaFoam on it.

"Do not submerge in" does not equal "don't get any on it" 

In fact they;re two very different thing

On 4/25/2022 at 8:39 AM, pstrick2 said:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-15-in-1-Multi-Bit-Ratcheting-Screwdriver-32305/314975058#overlay

When you charge $70 for a plastic screwdriver with no warranty, you can afford to splurge on customer service.

The email you received is essentially a list a materials and a shrug.

Also note how their email indicates that there has been no stress testing of the LTT screwdriver in different environments.

Going by my past experience with the merch store, i dont doubt that if my ratchet failed in an unreasonable amount of time, that LTT would send a new one out

4 hours ago, volatus146 said:

Going by my past experience with the merch store, i dont doubt that if my ratchet failed in an unreasonable amount of time, that LTT would send a new one out

Businesses are not your friend. A hand tool without a warranty is a toy.

If it's not in the contract/warranty, you have to assume the business will do what makes them more money.

It's great that you find LMG to be such a trustworthy company. My dealings with various companies have left me unwilling to rely on the goodwill to a company to do what is right.

8 minutes ago, pstrick2 said:

Businesses are not your friend. A hand tool without a warranty is a toy.

If it's not in the contract/warranty, you have to assume the business will do what makes them more money.

It's great that you find LMG to be such a trustworthy company. My dealings with various companies have left me unwilling to rely on the goodwill to a company to do what is right.

what makes LTT money is having good customer service

refusing to replace defective products throws that out the window if thats how they so choose.

On 4/25/2022 at 12:30 PM, tkitch said:

"Do not submerge in" does not equal "don't get any on it" 

In fact they;re two very different thing

They clearly haven't done the testing to make this fine of a distinction. Penetrating oil can easily run down the shaft of the screwdriver and into the ratchet mechanism.

Would that damage the 'sealed enough' mechanism?

6 hours ago, volatus146 said:

what makes LTT money is having good customer service

refusing to replace defective products throws that out the window if thats how they so choose.

What makes LMG money is getting you to spend more money. There's a point where the math shifts against the buyer and it's makes better financial sense to tell the consumer of fuck off than to actually stand by your product.

LMG is refusing to provide a warranty exactly because they don't want to risk being forced to provide a reasonable service to the consumer that might cost the company money.

They want to reserve the right to cut bait and run. That's not a company I would ever trust.

LTT is not interested in providing a warranty on the screwdriver. They have no obligation to replace a defective product. There's a huge difference between a defective product and one that would be replaced under warranty by a real company.