Can't find or see my second M.2 drive since my upgrade to Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Hi !

I just upgraded my system to the latest Ryzen 7 5800X3D on my Asus Strix B550-F Gaming mobo.

I had a 3700X before, and everything worked well, with my 2 SSD drives. Since I installed the new CPU today, I can't find the second M.2 SSD, on the second M.2 port (the one on the chipset).

I tried to disable Resizable Bar, tried to see if there was a faulty configuration on the BIOS, nothing wrong for me. And of course, the windows disk manager is not finding it too.

Do you have some advice for me? Something I missed?

My setup

CPU: RYZEN 7 5800X3D

GPU : RTX 3090 FE

Motherboard: Asus B550-F Gaming (Wifi)

BIOS Version: latest

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000Mhz C18

PSU: Seasonic Focus PX 750W

Operating System & Version: Windows 11 Pro

Chipset Drivers: latest from armoury crate

7 hours ago, Maaxence said:

Chipset Drivers: latest from armoury crate

Also make sure you are in fact on the latest BIOS

I don't remember being able to update BIOS through armory crate

On 4/24/2022 at 7:10 AM, ripper101 said:

Also make sure you are in fact on the latest BIOS

I don't remember being able to update BIOS through armory crate

Hello, thanks for the help. I did update the BIOS from ASUS support website, but the chipset drivers can be updated in Armoury crate. But I will search an update directly from AMD or ASUS website, maybe it will be better. 

So the BOIS isn't showing the drive either?  Since the bottom slot is shared between 2 SATA ports and the M.2 slot you may want to try toggling the storage controller to a different option.  When the CPU changed the chipset might have forgotten that you have an M.2 and is only looking at the SATA ports.  You haven't tried re-seating anything since the CPU change?

Everything I've learned is from Google.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I also installed the 5800x3D few days ago, did not do any other changes to the hardware. Updated B550 Tomahawk BIOS to the latest and have had issues with my m.2_2 NVME eversince. At first all worked normally and I optimised the memory and bios settings. Then the m.2 drive suddenly could not be recognised in BIOS or Windows 11. Tried resetting the BIOS, tried using PCIE adapter to another slot - nothing worked. I got the M.2 drive RMA'd and now using a new one. Worked well for a day and now same isssue came back. I wonder can BIOS settings like DDR voltage or Infinity fabric cause issues in the SOC that runs the m.2_2? My OS M.2._1 has no issues, only the second drive. Or could this be my mobo dying? Clearly its not the m.2 as I've replaced it. Otherwise I have no issues with the memory, cpu, soc, infinity fabric etc - all works perfectly after doing some stress testing.