Will Rockstar fall down as a game developer?

VirusDumb

Rockstar has shifted from its Rockin game developer that made games which rocked status (sorry about the dumb pun) to a greedy corporation status, some people say it's because of Take 2's influence, and they might just be right.

Now GTA trilogy definitive edition's mobile version was supposed to come out in the first quarter of 2022 which if you have a working calendar(sorry again about the dumb choice of words), you can see that has already passed away. There are no big major project announced so far, except for the "Next entry in grand theft auto series" which they only tweeted about once and I have a feeling that they just lied or it's in development hell, and there are tons of different problems fans are facing, from mod takedowns to security issues in multiplayer, to re releasing the same thing over and over again, trying to gain money from Micro transactions thru GTA online, this really seems like their legacy has come to an end. So what do you guys think about this? Will Rockstar games fall down? What are they going to do?

In my opinion

Rockstar is currently just trying to be Epic games really badly with the launcher and profiting off from a single multiplayer game, it's easy to notice the parallels, now with epic games, there are things which work out for them, they don't have that many good legendary IPs and reputation for making revolutionary games that define a genre which Rockstar has, before fortnite came out, whenever someone mentioned epic games, the things which came to my mind was gears of war, the unreal tournament series, and the unreal engine. So for them it worked out, but I don't think it'll work out for Rockstar, since they've gotten the reputation for making games like the GTA series, Manhunt series, Red dead series, Midnight club series, Max Payne 3, Bully, LA noire, Smugglers Run, and so on. If they're trying to do what epic games did, it'd just fail

GTA San Andreas. That were the days 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

If theyre trying to be Epic, theyre not trying too damn hard. How long and how many systems is GTA V on and its still not cross platform?! lolol OH I UNDERSTAND, theyre gonna wait for that for the next GTA? cool, guess ill just wait another 4 years to play with with my PS or Xbox homies lolol

* I personally like Epic. Fortnite is their bread and butter, yes but they have alot of other popular games for free AND give out free games, most are random ass ones but ive gotten alot of popular ones for free as well. So, thats a go for me, dawg.

Nope. FYI, Rockstar Games Launcher is just another evolution of RGSC, which launched in 2008 with GTA4 PC release.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 hours ago, VirusDumb said:

trying to gain money from Micro transactions thru GTA online

GTA online was cool in its first ~2 years after that it became a grind-fest. That made it generate tons of money because people are buying their way through the grind (which it obviously was designed that way) instead of stop playing it. A company doesn't do anything that long without profiting. So if anything players who accept the grind and micro-transactions are part of the problem.

So what do you guys think about this? Will Rockstar games fall down? What are they going to do?

I don't think so. The next GTA is a highly awaited title which will generate tons of money, if they can deliver it. Since they are putting all their money on that horse it is very unlikely that they will screw this up, especially since we have seen multiple times now what happens if big titles are screwed up (CP2077, BF2042,...). So they are going to release it someday when they are 100% confident with the game. Which will most likely launch with a much more fleshed out but also a micro-transaction riddled online part. I mean why would they step away from the money laundering scheme they have got going right now. Also if any of the leaks are somewhat true that will probably be sooner rather than later (1-2 years).

So all in all it solely depends on the next GTA release. If they screw it up royally they most likely will fall but in my opinion Rockstar games will most likely do anything to avoid that.

GTA series, Manhunt series, Red dead series, Midnight club series, Max Payne 3, Bully, LA noire, Smugglers Run, and so on

To me the only two interesting IPs are GTA and RDR. The others I really don't care about at all.

6 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

GTA San Andreas

Still the best GTA ever.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

@Montana One-Sixyup it was 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD