Am I using laptop GPU?

Very new to gaming laptop ownership and I'm curious about something. Been going through my system, to see how it was set up and everything and noticed that when I opened up Nvidia Control Panel it says that my Laptop display is going through Intel UHD Graphics. I saw this going into the PhsyX Config. Also when I go to Advanced Display Settings in windows it says my display is going through Intel UHD. When I booted up some games, it notified me that my graphics drivers were years out of date. Which didn't make sense, because I updated them right when I got the laptop (About a week ago) and then DDU'd them in safe mode and reinstalled them.

Are laptop displays supposed to go through the GPU like towers do? Or is this how they work?

1 hour ago, Beep or Boop said:

Very new to gaming laptop ownership and I'm curious about something. Been going through my system, to see how it was set up and everything and noticed that when I opened up Nvidia Control Panel it says that my Laptop display is going through Intel UHD Graphics. I saw this going into the PhsyX Config. Also when I go to Advanced Display Settings in windows it says my display is going through Intel UHD. When I booted up some games, it notified me that my graphics drivers were years out of date. Which didn't make sense, because I updated them right when I got the laptop (About a week ago) and then DDU'd them in safe mode and reinstalled them.

Are laptop displays supposed to go through the GPU like towers do? Or is this how they work?

It depends on the laptop model. If they have a so-called MUX-switch, they can hook up the dGPU to your display, otherwise your GPU will render the games and send the frames to your  iGPU that then displays it onto your screen. So that might be the case with your laptop. Wtih my laptop, it seems to be the case as well because I never see my display being connected to my dGPU, it always connects to the iGPU. Looks like neither my nor your laptop have a MUX switch

2 minutes ago, DreamCat04 said:

It depends on the laptop model. If they have a so-called MUX-switch, they can hook up the dGPU to your display, otherwise your GPU will render the games and send the frames to your  iGPU that then displays it onto your screen. So that might be the case with your laptop. Wtih my laptop, it seems to be the case as well because I never see my display being connected to my dGPU, it always connects to the iGPU. Looks like neither my nor your laptop have a MUX switch

Ahhhh ok thank you!