Mechanical keyboard with backlit and non fade keys

drinu16

Hi, I have been seeing a lot of reviews on mechanical keyboards and I got a lot of information from them, especially the ones linus tech tips make.

The only thing which a lot of reviewers do not mention on keyboards which have backlit and letters of top of key caps is if the key caps will fade over time due to usage and light will come through, like the picture below.

3IQeb.jpg

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard preferably with MX Cerry blue switches with blue backlit which key caps will not become like the picture above after 6months to 1-year of usage.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks 

EDIT : Or at least if that happens on every keyboard from where could I buy the exact same key caps which lit up the letters.

The only thing I can think of is looking for a keyboard that has etched keys on it. Corsairs K60, K90, and K70 all have laser etched keys, preventing them from fading.

Looks like a hardcore gamer instead of hardcore typist on blue switches. You can try Ducky Shine II and they have backlit without macro butons.

Looks like a hardcore gamer instead of hardcore typist on blue switches. You can try Ducky Shine II and they have backlit without macro butons.

Seconding the Ducky Shine II, awesome keyboard to say the least. 

If you're looking the US layout the part number is: DK9008S2-AUSALB or DK9008S2-AUKALB for the UK. 

If you willing to give reds a try take a look at the K70 silver with blue backlight.

Hi, I have been seeing a lot of reviews on mechanical keyboards and I got a lot of information from them, especially the ones linus tech tips make.

The only thing which a lot of reviewers do not mention on keyboards which have backlit and letters of top of key caps is if the key caps will fade over time due to usage and light will come through, like the picture below.

3IQeb.jpg

I am looking for a mechanical keyboard preferably with MX Cerry blue switches with blue backlit which key caps will not become like the picture above after 6months to 1-year of usage.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks 

EDIT : Or at least if that happens on every keyboard from where could I buy the exact same key caps which lit up the letters.

Most mechanical keyboards that are backlit are laser etched. If you don't want the keycaps to melt off like in the photo get PBT keycaps. ABS is the type of smooth material while PBT is a textured feel. PBT is indestructible and will resist against shining due to sweat and oily hands and also breaking (somehow). Unfortunately for you, the only company I know of which makes backlit PBT keyboards are DECK, which is rare as shit.

With blue backlighting, Ducky and Rosewill are some of the trustable brands you can look for. Don't worry about which keyboard to choose from them, its all good.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

I also reccomend the Shine 2, i can not say anything about the durability of the keys but this board is by FAR the best I have ever typed on and I just love it oh so much.

But the keys feel very high quality, if you have ever touched a bitfenix case before with their "Soft touch" Finish, that is almost what the keycaps feel like, just a bit less rubbery :)

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

• 2 months later...

I use Ducky Shine and I have the same issue.  :(

Like ccaian said, PBT keycap last longer, buy Ducky's keycap is also ABS.

Does anyone know where I can buy some backlit keycaps?

Even ABS keycap is fine, better than nothing.