difference between brand names

Alistai

I know this is a noob question but what are the differences between brand names like having an msi rx 6600 as well as an asus rx 6600 or like gigabyte 1660 ti and a galax 1660 ti. I'm still a bit confused because the different brands have different prices and benchmarks or tests only seem to cater the most common brand names and can't find anything about the other ones. thanks.

Performance difference is generally only a few percentage points. Probably most important is warranty details of companies. Some are better than others, and some offer future upgrade paths for discount.

5600x/RTX 4080

“1. Never tell everything at once.” - Ken Venturi's Two Great Rules of Life

Some cards have better cooling than others, and some manufacturers have better warranty than others. Also different cards can have different sizes which can be important when building in a small case

Not much usually. Some brands are more reputable than others but it more or less comes down to personal preference. Personally, I usually go towards MSI for motherboards and GIGABYTE/AORUS for GPU but that's just because it's what I'm used to and it just works for me. No problem out of any of their products I've tried so i kinda stick to that. It works 🤷‍♂️

Ohh. thanks for clearing it up for me. Might go for the more known brands like gigabyte or MSI then