TP-Link OneMesh doesn't accept wired input, only wireless... Other options?

funkyman50

I'll admit up front that I should have done more thorough research before pulling the trigger on my purchases...

I own two TP-Link Archer AX73 wifi 6 routers. The intention was to use the second as a range extender and access point. I have an ethernet cable running the length of my basement and they are hardwired together. This works fine except I don't get any intelligent device handoff so I end up with weak signal in my kitchen and garage, but not weak enough to break the connection, so I have to toggle my wifi on my wireless devices to force them to reconnect to the second AX73. After reconnecting, I get blazing wireless speeds like you'd expect of wifi 6.

I would like to upgrade to a mesh network so I can get smart handoff working.

I just installed a TP-Link RE600X (in place of the second AX73) and found that the OneMesh software only works as a wifi repeater. This means that I can either use it as a spotty wifi repeater and get smart handoff or as a dumb access point and end up in the same situation as before when I was using two routers.

Are there any good options for wifi 6 router + wired mesh extenders? I can at least get my money back for the RE600X...

Thanks