White noise after wake

Ravendarat

Ok so this just happened this morning. My audio set up is optical out of my x570 msi meg ace board to a pair of kef eggs. My computer went to sleep when I got a phone call, as soon as I woke it up I got white noise out of my speakers, its playing 100% but the video I was playing has audio still playing but at like 10%. I tried restarting the computer and the problem is still there. I switched my audio out to hdmi as I have a 48 inch lg oled as my monitor and the audio comes through the TV speakers just fine. Any ideas as to what I can try? Im headed to work but would like to figure this out tonight when I get home. Thanks guys

try connecting the kef eggs to your phone with the 3.5mm input next to the optical input, and see if the white noise is still there. if it's not there, then the issue isn't with the speakers. it sounds like connecting the pc to another output also didn't have the white noise, so the issue isn't with some kind of application that's open and pushing out white noise. even still, double check your pcs audio settings. 

if the kef eggs work with 3.5mm, then try the usb input and see if the issue is still there. if it works with 3.5mm but it causes white noise with optical and usb, then there's something wrong with the DAC in the kef eggs. 

if the kef eggs work with the 3.5mm and the usb input, but not the optical input, then there's either an issue with the optical input on the kef eggs, or the optical cable, or the optical output on your motherboard. try plugging your kef eggs into your lg. it probably has an optical output. if there's no white noise, then the issue is with your motherboard. if there is white noise, then it's probably either the cable (very very very unlikely) or the input on the kef eggs. 

tl;dr - test every component of the signal chain, adding more components back into your signal chain until you get the white noise again. whatever component introduces the white noise is the culprit.