Why is WD Blue getting better speeds on crystal disk mark then WD Black?

HARDWELL9191
Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

Highly depends on how you're testing them. That Blue SN570 is actually rated for 200MB/s faster sequential reads vs. the Black SN750, while the write on the Black is rated for 400MB/s faster than the Blue.

If you're getting close to the advertised rated speeds, don't worry about it.

I've tested my WD Blue SN570 and my WD Black 750 SSD's. I get better speeds on the WD blue SN570. Anyone know why this is? Am I missing something? 

Higher capacity drives, as well as drives with less free space, will be slower by default, as Mel0nmMan mentioned. I think this is strictly a matter of how big of a cache a particular drive uses. But also, for most consumer PC use, (including gaming), you simply won't notice much, if any, performance increase above about 3,500 mbps. And the "faster" drives run hotter (some reaching 95C - 100C) and cost a lot more, so they really aren't worth it IMO. I recently did a 5900X build and had a WD Black SN850 ready to go, but returned it unopened to exchange for a WD Blue SN570 -- much better bang for the buck.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Highly depends on how you're testing them. That Blue SN570 is actually rated for 200MB/s faster sequential reads vs. the Black SN750, while the write on the Black is rated for 400MB/s faster than the Blue.

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Ok i just checked yeah. I just thought naturally that the black would be all around faster but i guess not. Thanks