Thunderbolt advise

ascott08

This will be slightly weurd question. 

I have a hp thunderbolt Dock from work for home working (COVID). My monitors are cable to that for extra screens for work and my keyboard and mouse. And then separately cabled to my gaming rig. Seperate peripherals as well. 

I would like to have my rig by my deck and just move the thunderbolt cable between my laptop and gaming rig to save cables. 

Now the rub, my gaming rig is zen 2 with an itx board so no extra pci slot and I already is the m.2. 

Is there any other adaptor I can use or what would have happen if I used a USB c to a adaptor and plugged into a USB 3 port on my rig? 

It's probably a better idea to just invest in a KVM, they're fairly cheap and should do exactly what you want it to do (press a button and switch all your monitors/keyboard/mouse from your dock to your PC and vice versa).

There isn't a way to get a thunderbolt dock to work on a PC without thunderbolt, so you'd be stuck getting a new motherboard and possibly CPU.

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's probably a better idea to just invest in a KVM, they're fairly cheap and should do exactly what you want it to do (press a button and switch all your monitors/keyboard/mouse from your dock to your PC and vice versa).

There isn't a way to get a thunderbolt dock to work on a PC without thunderbolt, so you'd be stuck getting a new motherboard and possibly CPU.

Thank you. I had forgot about kvms