Does this CPU work for VR?

I have a rtx 3060 12g, amd ryzen 5 5600g and 32gb of ram and when I try virtual reality, it lags and stutters a lot. Could it be because my cpu has a igpu and that is what my vr games are using? I have everything set to use my GPU and only the vr games lag and stutter.

Hey there, what VR games are you playing?

The R5 5600G should be good, I am able to run Beat Saber and VRChat with a Ryzen 5 3600, uses around 50% and less.

Make sure that the VR headset is connected to the GPU and not the APU btw.

2 minutes ago, Elijah Kamski said:

Hey there, what VR games are you playing?

The R5 5600G should be good, I am able to run Beat Saber and VRChat with a Ryzen 5 3600, uses around 50% and less.

Make sure that the VR headset is connected to the GPU and not the APU btw.

I’m using the oculus quest 2 which needs a usb-c port which my 3060 does not have. I still tried using the 3060s 3.1 ports that are like the normal USB ports but they run the same. I’ve tried games from beat saber to like half life alyx. They ran the same.

2 minutes ago, Wolfgang0302 said:

I’m using the oculus quest 2 which needs a usb-c port which my 3060 does not have. I still tried using the 3060s 3.1 ports that are like the normal USB ports but they run the same. I’ve tried games from beat saber to like half life alyx. They ran the same.

Some people said using my motherboards usb-c ports woudl still use my gpu but every port on my tower acts the same whether it be a usb-c or usb-a

10 minutes ago, Wolfgang0302 said:

Can you monitor your 3060 in task manager while you're playing vr games? That should tell you really quickly whether it's being used.

Your cpu should have no problems, vr games typically are more gpu intensive anyways.

19 hours ago, steelo said:

Can you monitor your 3060 in task manager while you're playing vr games? That should tell you really quickly whether it's being used.

Your cpu should have no problems, vr games typically are more gpu intensive anyways.

When I start up virtual reality, it shows that OVRserver_x64.exe uses around 30% GPU but then when I open steamVR, OVR stays the same and steamVR using barely 2%. Then when I try to play a game with steamVR, the game I play shows around 80%-90% GPU usage. So it’s OVR=30% steamVR-2% and the game is 80% which is 85% of my gpu apparently. Is there like a way to use the Quest 2 for steamVR and without OVRserver? 😂 

21 minutes ago, Wolfgang0302 said:

When I start up virtual reality, it shows that OVRserver_x64.exe uses around 30% GPU but then when I open steamVR, OVR stays the same and steamVR using barely 2%. Then when I try to play a game with steamVR, the game I play shows around 80%-90% GPU usage. So it’s OVR=30% steamVR-2% and the game is 80% which is 85% of my gpu apparently. Is there like a way to use the Quest 2 for steamVR and without OVRserver? 😂 

Actually when I start an actual game, steamVR and OVRserver uses only like 1%, but the game itself is using 80% of the GPU and only 7% of the CPU.