Faulty GTX 1080

Hello! I bought a Gigabyte Gtx1080 g1 off ebay knowing it was damaged, foolishly hoping that I could get I running properly with my limited knowledge and experience, and so far I've had no luck so I came to the forums to see if anyone here had any ideas, the issue the seller told me it had is that it would black screen under demanding loads and so for that does prove true in my testing, I've been able to replicate the issue when i tried running Halo infinite, Jedi fallen order, and a demanding amplified Minecraft world with shaders on. I have had some luck with gaming still, i was able to run persona 5 through rpcs3 with no issues, as well as Eldewito (Halo Online), Halo 2 and vanilla Minecraft all run fine. Because of my success with og halo 2 and Eldewito I tested mcc by playing halo reach with enhanced graphics and it ran at a practically locked 144hz and because of that I will continue testing my game library to see what works and what doesn't. But from those test it leads me to believe that there is  a certain threshold where when it's reached the gpu will just shut off and honestly it's leading me to believe there may be physical damage on the gpu. One thing i thought about was maybe it was a PSU issue but sense this happened in both my pc and the sellers i am lead to believe it is not, another thing i thought about was maybe it was over heating but msi afterburner reports it as  staying under 70 degrees even while gaming . If anyone has any suggestions of things i could try to make it fully functional i would very much appreciate it. 

Here's a list of things I've already tried with no success:

Updating to the most recent driver versions as well as trying older ones

Updating the Gpu's bios with NV Flash

Updating Display port Firmware

Using Msi Afterburner to put a power limit the gpu 

My specs:

Cpu: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: Gskill trident z 2x8gb 3200mhz ddr4

Motherboard: Msi B450 Gaming Plus Max

PSU: Evga 700 br