Internet issues

Gearfighter

Hi guys, ive been having some weird issues with my internet ever since building my new computer. 

Issue is: 

Sometimes when i start my computer, my internet doesnt work...kind of.... I am able to load and play youtube videos and search on google. Once i click a site on google, it doesnt work and i am unable to load any bookmarks i have.

ALSO, sometimes when im playing, the above will happen, but if im still in a game like Rust or on discord when this happens, i can still play for a fair while before im kicked off.

A reset seems to fix this and its like nothing has happened, but i dont know why!! Anyone have any insight or steps i can take?

Steps taken already:

• Network reset
  • Uninstalled all network adaptors in device manager
  • ipconfig flush dns
  • ipconfig release and renew

Thanks for taking your time to read this and if you want me to try anything, please post below and i will try and post results!

-> Moved to Networking

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 4/1/2022 at 3:23 AM, voyager_ said:

how is the rest of your network setup?

The only other person in my house has a laptop and doesnt use it a lot so they dont have issues, phones connected to wifi, still work and are fine.

If i change to wifi hotspot on my phone, i still dont get internet

On 3/31/2022 at 11:26 AM, Gearfighter said:

Hi guys, ive been having some weird issues with my internet ever since building my new computer. 

Issue is: 

Sometimes when i start my computer, my internet doesnt work...kind of.... I am able to load and play youtube videos and search on google. Once i click a site on google, it doesnt work and i am unable to load any bookmarks i have.

ALSO, sometimes when im playing, the above will happen, but if im still in a game like Rust or on discord when this happens, i can still play for a fair while before im kicked off.

A reset seems to fix this and its like nothing has happened, but i dont know why!! Anyone have any insight or steps i can take?

Steps taken already:

• Network reset
  • Uninstalled all network adaptors in device manager
  • ipconfig flush dns
  • ipconfig release and renew

Thanks for taking your time to read this and if you want me to try anything, please post below and i will try and post results!

I faced a similar problem a while back, where suddenly most websites would stop working (except google). In addition, I'd timeout of discord calls and games. Then the internet would continue to be that way for an hour unless I restart my modem. Ended up being a DNS problem. I switched to google's(8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4) and cloudflare's(1.1.1.1,1.1.0.0) public DNS and it resolved the issue. 

A possible explanation is that my ISP's default DNS is unreliable.

The method I used to diagnose was when I got timed out I'd pull out a cmd and ping public IPs like 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. When the ping worked I knew the problem was with the DNS.

Hope this helps.

37 minutes ago, Nuh_ said:

The method I used to diagnose was when I got timed out I'd pull out a cmd and ping public IPs like 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1. When the ping worked I knew the problem was with the DNS.

nixCraft on Twitter: "A haiku about DNS: It's not DNS There is a no way it's  DNS It was DNS https://t.co/CODmCz9Rs5" / Twitter

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

23 hours ago, Nuh_ said:

I faced a similar problem a while back, where suddenly most websites would stop working (except google). In addition, I'd timeout of discord calls and games. Then the internet would continue to be that way for an hour unless I restart my modem. Ended up being a DNS problem. I switched to google's(8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4) and cloudflare's(1.1.1.1,1.1.0.0) public DNS and it resolved the issue. 

A possible explanation is that my ISP's default DNS is unreliable.

Hope this helps.

So my internet did its thing again, ive changed my DNS to what you have said, so we shall see if that changes anything. Another weird thing is, even though i can still watch youtube videos, i cant even go into the router via my browser... so weird