Upgrading Hardware

Wimmas

Hi, 

PC Specs: Z270 Gaming Pro, i7 7700(non K), HyperX Fury 2666mhz (x2 8GB) MSI GTX1060 Gaming X 6G, Corsair 750w psu 80+ Bronze, MSI Optix G24 144hz monitor

Thinking of upgrading this year, was thinking of the gpu, Saving for a RTX3070ti, just want to know if the CPU will "struggle" and if there might be allot of frame lost with the 7 gen board.... Or will it be better to upgrade the Mobo and CPU to a newer Gen?

You will be CPU bound in a lot of titles, and it's probably a decent idea to upgrade to a newer CPU. Your CPU would be a better fit with a 3060 or 3060 Ti instead of a 3070 Ti, especially since you're just gonna be playing at 1080P. If you're just shooting for 1080P 144Hz, a 3060 Ti and the 7700 would be more than enough in most titles. If you want as many FPS as possible to go with a 3070 Ti, you want a better CPU. 

It's probably worth saving up and just doing a whole system upgrade, you're gonna wanna upgrade your CPU, motherboard, RAM, GPU, and probably your PSU if you want to go for a 3070 Ti, meaning you'll pretty much just be saving your SSDs and case. 

What games do you mainly play?  For most stuff your system is still pretty fast, and as a rule of thumb I've always believed in avoiding looking for upgrades, they'll usually make themselves known. You have no idea how much less stressful it is to operate like that, and the amount of money you'll save over the years will probably net you a vacation or two.  Most new games still look really good on medium or high, btw.  Serious diminishing returns on resource demand and end-state visual fidelity.  High fps on medium usually looks better than ok fps on ultra in terms of immersion.

But yeah, what are you playing? 

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.