Powerline adapters are having packet loss, can I use wifi for internet but keep Ethernet for WOL

Sushibagel

In my gaming rig I have used a powerline adapter for years, recently I've been experiencing what I believe to be packet loss while gaming. My Wifi seems stable/strong enough to handle my gaming so I'm thinking of just switching to wifi.

One thing I will however greatly miss my is the ability to wake my computer with Wake on Lan, so I can access my computer remotely. 

Is there a way to keep the powerline connection just for LAN access for WoL while using WiFi for everything else?

MOCA I believe isn't an option because from my reading on the subject my DirectTV setup will likely interfere (I'd also rather not spend the money for it) running Ethernet really ain't an option for me either.

Any input would be much appreciate, thanks I'm advance!

21 hours ago, Sushibagel said:

I have used a powerline adapter for years, recently I've been experiencing what I believe to be packet loss while gaming.

That's Powerline for you.

21 hours ago, Sushibagel said:

Is there a way to keep the powerline connection just for LAN access for WoL while using WiFi for everything else?

Packets sent for WoL are small and don't require much bandwidth. If you want to maintain Powerline for this purpose and simultaneously be able to use WiFi, take a look at this article.

45 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

That's Powerline for you.

Packets sent for WoL are small and don't require much bandwidth. If you want to maintain Powerline for this purpose and simultaneously be able to use WiFi, take a look at this article.

Awesome I'll have a look thanks so much!