(Still need major help) Input not supported issue

Hello im having a input not supported issue for like 8 months now more or less i tried every type of solution but still no success i had a 8 gb ram thinking that mb was the problem so now i just received my 32gb dual ram tried to intall it and still nothing i troubleshooted everything i could cpu works gpu works everything works i have no idea what to do now by me saying i tried everything i mean i cleared cmos tried to see if my monitor was the problem, cables, tried seeing if taking out my gpu and using igpu, re seated ram and cpu so again i have no clue what to do now pls help

parts:

cpu: AMD ryzen 5 5600x unlocked

cpu cooler: the one that came with the cpu

motherboard: Mag b550 tomahawk

ram: 32gb G,skill trident z neo 2x16

gpu: asrock rx5500xt challenger

psu: aresgame agw750

ssd: patriot burst 960gb

monitor dont matter it works fine i tried with different devices even connected a laptop to it works fine

FYI:  There is no iGPU on your board / CPU.

Are you sure you're plugging into the 5500xt and not the motherboard's ports?

MSI Mag board? In my experience, that could be part of your problem.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

27 minutes ago, tkitch said:

FYI:  There is no iGPU on your board / CPU.

Are you sure you're plugging into the 5500xt and not the motherboard's ports?

yes i just read about ryzen 5 5600x not having igpu so i need the gpu  and im lugging everything correctly into the gpu not the motherboard also i forgot to mention that it once posted like 2 or 1 months ago when one of my old ram sticks got wet so i plugged in 4gb and it posted but it was all slow so im guessing with all the programs i used to have boot on start up made it turn off never booting up again

21 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

MSI Mag board? In my experience, that could be part of your problem.

how so? pls tell me what the problem is i got no clue what to do now if its the internet related problem i have ethernet connected to it

10 minutes ago, Lmfao_itsme said:

how so? pls tell me what the problem is i got no clue what to do now if its the internet related problem i have ethernet connected to it

Quoted from my response on a similar post....

40 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

You might want to check what the POST diag lights on the mobo (VGA / RAM / CPU, etc.) are doing.

No one believes me, but I had the same basic problem with an MSI B450M board. Brand-new GTX1650S, wouldn't boot, hung on VGA POST error. Reinstall the original GT1030 and it would boot fine. Try the GTX1650S again -- no boot. Eventually it shut down and had to be sent back to MSI for an RMA that took 35-45 days, and they never did tell me what actually happened. The same GTX1650S worked fine after that... Months later, I decide to upgrade my 1700 to a 5900X, and while their website states the board supports that processor, their support people told me their own BIOS update (through the website) necessary to enable 5900X support could fry it. I wound up doing an entirely new build -- without MSI components of any kind. I would only recommend MSI-branded components to my worst enemy.

I can't know or guarantee you are having the same issue, but it sounds suspiciously similar.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

5 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Quoted from my response on a similar post....

I can't know or guarantee you are having the same issue, but it sounds suspiciously similar.

with the board tb lights only the boot light is lit its been like that since i bought the board i updated bios via flash and the tb lights werent lit but no post still said input not supported. it was the latest bios update as well what do i have to do? like update bios to a certain version?

Ah, wait a minute... *rereads post*

I think I see your problem. I don't know how I missed this earlier, I've mentioned it on other threads.

Most boards that CAN support Ryzen 5000-series may require a BIOS update to enable Ryzen 5000-series support, and unless the BIOS can be flashed via USB (which I'm not sure bypasses the CPU), a CPU supported by the current BIOS version must be installed to update the BIOS for Ryzen 5000 support. This is actually a common thing, and is likely your issue. It depends purely on which BIOS version the board shipped with, and unfortunately, short of installing a CPU supported by the older BIOS (or possibly flashing with USB if supported), there is no way around it. I would check with MSI to find out which BIOS version your board has, and whether that version supports Ryzen 5000. If it does, you could still have a board issue.

Did it say input not supported in regard to the USB BIOS flash attempt? That could simply mean the board does not support USB BIOS update, or perhaps still needs a CPU supported by the current BIOS to do this.

UPDATE: Here is a video explaining how to do this on this board. They mention the update being in ZIP format as downloaded, so if you have not extracted the files from the ZIP file, that might explain the "input not supported".

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

8 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Ah, wait a minute... *rereads post*

I think I see your problem. I don't know how I missed this earlier, I've mentioned it on other threads.

Most boards that CAN support Ryzen 5000-series may require a BIOS update to enable Ryzen 5000-series support, and unless the BIOS can be flashed via USB (which I'm not sure bypasses the CPU), a CPU supported by the current BIOS version must be installed to update the BIOS for Ryzen 5000 support. This is actually a common thing, and is likely your issue. It depends purely on which BIOS version the board shipped with, and unfortunately, short of installing a CPU supported by the older BIOS (or possibly flashing with USB if supported), there is no way around it. I would check with MSI to find out which BIOS version your board has, and whether that version supports Ryzen 5000. If it does, you could still have a board issue.

Did it say input not supported in regard to the USB BIOS flash attempt? That could simply mean the board does not support USB BIOS update, or perhaps still needs a CPU supported by the current BIOS to do this.

UPDATE: Here is a video explaining how to do this on this board.

at first it was hard understanding what u meant and still am in the moment i send this ima immediately watch the video u provided. now to answer ur question i tried updating bios thru flash usb after it finished the tb lights didnt light up red none but still no post and said input not supported. and do u mean i have to get a different cpu to update bios to latest? like a ryzen cpu lower then my current

8 minutes ago, Lmfao_itsme said:

at first it was hard understanding what u meant and still am in the moment i send this ima immediately watch the video u provided. now to answer ur question i tried updating bios thru flash usb after it finished the tb lights didnt light up red none but still no post and said input not supported. and do u mean i have to get a different cpu to update bios to latest? like a ryzen cpu lower then my current

What I mean by that is this...

Without the USB flash capability, another CPU of the same socket design that is known to be supported by older BIOS versions would have to be installed to update the BIOS, as the board would not support the 5000-series until this is done. HOWEVER...

The video states that your board appears to support the USB flash method, and states further that it can be done without a CPU installed at all. HOWEVER....

They did mention that the BIOS update downloads as a ZIP file and the actual update files must be extracted from the ZIP file before the motherboard can access them.

Hence, if you have not extracted the update files after downloading and before attempting to flash, they are still in ZIP format, which would explain why it's not working.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

3 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

What I mean by that is this...

Without the USB flash capability, another CPU of the same socket design that is known to be supported by older BIOS versions would have to be installed to update the BIOS, as the board would not support the 5000-series until this is done.

However, your board appears to support the USB flash method, outlined in the video, which states it can be done without a CPU installed at all. HOWEVER....

They did mention that the BIOS update downloads as a ZIP file and the actual update files must be extracted from the ZIP file before the motherboard can access them. If you have not extracted the update files, they are still in ZIP format, which would explain why it's not working.

mk i have finished watching the video. stating the zip file thing i have done things correctly my usb is formated as fat32 and i extracted using win rar renamed the file to MSI.ROM but i have noticed i downloaded the latest version 7C91vA94(Beta version) but what i can do is install the bottom one that doesnt say beta as well as try and removing everything to update bios like in the video and if i does not work rn after it finished and installed the parts then ill reply to u what happened

Fingers crossed for ya...

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

took me longer to start but just finished taking the parts out and taking the amd cpu fan off got the cpu off and did the flash bios update hope it works now to install the parts again

2 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

mk it still does not work im exausted ima head out but pls i still need help again the usb flash bios update thing did not work the tb lighted red on boot 

tb?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

12 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

tb?

by tb i meant troubleshoot my bad

hey could my ssd be the problem? i ruled out everything down to ssd mb itis the problem is there a way to like erase everything there and start over?

While I doubt the SSD is a problem, you need video to run disk management to do all that. Short answer, yes, you can wipe it and start over if you are willing to transfer it to another machine to work with it.

But on that point, I think the only reason to transfer to another machine is to see if It works / boots on another machine, that way you will know that it's not the problem.

But I really don't think that's the problem. You would at least see something coming up on the screen, a BIOS message saying drive not found or something like that.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!